Day 2 in Salt Lake started bright and early! Even though, Salt Lake is an hour behind, I always find myself waking up early, and Friday was no exception. I was up before 6, and knew it would be a perfect morning to get a workout in.
I headed to the hotel gym and did a full circuit of the elliptical, weights, and some abs, before heading to breakfast.
Breakfast was amazing! I loaded up on protein and fruit, and that apple sausage was to die for.
After breakfast, I headed back to my room to shower and get ready for farm day!
Young Living provided buses, but Cathy and I happened to know someone that had driven, and since the weather was less than spectacular, we asked if we could ride to the farm with them. (That way, we could leave earlier than the buses, should we be cold and soaked!) As we were leaving, I realized that Salt Lake isn't quite prepared for rain. The streets were FLOODED, and cars were driving like it was no big deal. After a trip to Starbucks and a potty break, we arrived at the farm just in time to head to the tent where Young Living's CEO, and the founder were scheduled to speak.
I absolutely loved getting to hear the hearts of Mary and Gary Young. I never doubted that I was a part of the best company, but hearing them, their faith, their prayers and love, I was 100% reassured that this company is nothing short of amazing.
The rain continued to fall as Gary and Mary finished speaking and were whisked away.
After they spoke, it was time for lunch, and we just so happened to be in the tent where lunch was being served.
Lunch was amazing and I totally forgot to snap a photo of it, but think chicken and corn and salad, veggies, and a yummy little shortcake for dessert. And, Lavender Lemonade- yum!!!
After lunch, the rain began to slow down and eventually go away- yay!
Cathy and I ventured over to see the horses at the farm. Young Living's horses are some of the most beautiful I've seen. As we were snapping this picture, we could hear the horse behind us, and then realized he was eating Cathy's poncho!
I had to turn and pull it out of his mouth so she could escape! I'm pretty sure he would've eaten the entire poncho off her! We died laughing! And we were able to tell the stable hands what had happened, just in case the horse got sick!
The clouds were finally beginning to lift off the mountain tops.
We made our way over to the distillery, where they were distilling Juniper.
Seeing this process first hand was amazing. I just can't even describe it.
After visiting the distillery, we visited the bottling room, and saw how they filled bottles with the oils. I took video on Instagram, but didn't even get a picture!
Then we headed out to the fields. And y'all. It was muddy. Like, sink your feet in to the mud and get stuck kind of muddy. So, we didn't stay in the fields long, and I was thankful I had been there in June.
We then visited the Green houses, where Lavender was being grown, and dried for the seeds.
This was the warmest I was during the entire day!
We washed our boots and shoes off in the stream! And then explored the views of the farm.
It finally began to warm up a bit in the afternoon!
And you guys, I was so excited to spend the day with Cathy and our other Young Living friends exploring the farm. This is what sets Young Living apart from every single essential oil company. They own their own farms, have high expectations and standards for partner farms, distill their own oils, bottle them, scientifically test them, and has their oils scientifically tested by a 3rd party. If any part of the oil does not pass the scientific tests, the bath is thrown out and not used! Young Living uses first distillation which means you're getting the purest form of essential oil there is. You're not going to find that at Wal-Mart, my friends.
When we arrived back in our rooms, we found a bottle of Juniper with a Silver Retreat label for us! This is what they were distilling at the farm!!!
We were so spoiled!
I earned this trip for achieving the rank of Silver with Young Living, and being able to maintain the rank for three consecutive months. The average monthly income at Silver level is 2500.00. You can view the income disclosure statement here. If you are interested in pursuing Young Living as a business, you can enroll here and receive incredible support.























No comments:
Post a Comment