Wednesday, May 10, 2017

My Top 10 Favorite Beauty Products from Young Living

I get asked a lot about which products from Young Living, are my favorites when it comes to skin care and my beauty routine! I think that many of us are finally realizing that we not only need to take care of our skin, we need to watch what we are putting ON our skin. 

Did you know that women put an average of 300 toxins and chemicals on our skin each day? And 80 of those are applied before we are out the door for our day? Our skin is able to absorb at least 68% of what we put on it, and unfortunately that includes a lot of toxins in our products.

I've been working on avoiding products that contain aluminum, parabens, formaldehyde, triclosan, and more. In fact, you can check out the "Never List" from Beautycounter here

So, what do I use? Here are my top 10:
1. Thieves Aromabright Toothpaste

I use this toothpaste on my teeth, and as my deodorant. Yes, I don't wear deodorant. I have been using Thieves Aromabright for over a year now, and I've never had an issue. Sure, I still sweat, but did you know that sweat is GOOD for you? It was how your body was designed to release toxins. By applying antiperspirants, we are prohibiting our body's release of toxins. Most deodorants today contain aluminum, which is a known carcinogen. and we put it on near our boobs every single day. 
2. Cel-Lite Magic Massage Oil

I recently purchased this massage oil from Young Living. Hello, summer is coming, and anything that could help to reduce the appearance of cellulite, I am all for! Bathe me in that product every single day! It's a bit messy, it's a massage oil, but I rub this on my thighs, and booty every single day. Sometimes twice a day, because I'm that determined. Cel-Lite Magic contains grapefruit, Vitamin-E, and other essential oils, which help to nourish and tone the skin. It can also help to release toxins. Because of the grapefruit, this has a yummy citrus smell!
3. Sandalwood Moisturizing Cream

I purchased this jar in January, and I still have half of the cream left! Which, means, that despite the cost, it is proving to last forever! I apply this each day before my make up, and sometimes I apply it at night after washing my face. You only need the tiniest (less than dime size) amount. This moisturizing cream contains sandalwood essential oil, and is infused with wolfberry seed oil. It helps to soften the skin and improves elasticity. 
4. ART Refreshing Toner

I purchased the entire ART skincare trio, which includes a foaming facial cleanser, and a moisturizer. I loved the moisturizer because it left my face feeling silky, but I found that I went through it very quickly, which is why I prefer the Sandalwood moisturizer over the ART moisturizer. However, I absolutely love the ART Refreshing Toner! First, I have gone forever without a toner. Because I didn't think it was important or couldn't find one that I really loved. This toner contains frankincense, sandalwood, melissa, and lavender. It gently removes impurities and doesn't dry out my skin. It helps to restore your skins pH balance and helps to minimize pores. 
5. Essential Beauty Serum

I just received this in April, and I'm already naming it a favorite after having it for a short period of time! The beauty serum contains blue cypress and lavender which are both known to restore the skin's natural balance. I have found that I only need to use this at night. If I use this in the morning, then my face is too moisturized. 

I was also told that this was great for your hair! Say What?! I added a drop on my hair one night before I went to bed, and the next day, my hair was SUPER shiny! I've also been told this is a great one for beards! 
6. Tea Tree

I use Tea Tree in my DIY face wash, but I also spot apply when breakouts appear. Thankfully, they don't happen often, because my skin is finally balanced, but when it's that time of the month, I usually have one or two appear. 
7. Progessence Plus

Pro + is actually a serum to help support healthy progesterone levels in women. When women have balanced hormones, are skin looks better! I drop two drops on the back of my neck each morning and then rub in. Pro Plus also contains frankincense, which is great for the skin!
8. Rose Ointment

I was surprised when I received my first jar of Rose Ointment. First, of all, it's a tiny jar (on 1 oz) but, it lasted me an entire year! I just recently opened my 2nd jar. Also, I was expecting a cream or lotion, but this is definitely a thick, yellow-ish ointment. I have used this on my face (before I discovered Sandalwood Moisturizer Cream) at night, and I use this on my lips. I also love to put this on my heels at night and sleep with a pair of socks on. It keeps my heels soft and helps to prevent cracking. The girls also love this when they have dry skin, on their lips, and even on their booboos. 
9. Frankincense

Frank is a powerful astringent, which helps to protect skin cells. It can help to reduce the appearance of pores, and lifts and tightens the skin. Frank has the ability to strengthen skin and improve it's tone and elasticity. I usually apply one drop of Frank neat on my face, and I always add it to my DIy face wash. 
10. Satin Facial Scrub

This is a new purchase as well, but it's already a favorite! I use this one a few times a week, after I was my face with my DIY face wash. It helps to exfoliate the skin in a natural, non-toxic way. It's great for all skin types and supports the natural pH balance of your skin. I also like to use this on my heels to help exfoliate! Plus, the peppermint essential oil, leaves your face feeling a bit tingly and super clean! 

If you want to learn more about these products or try them for yourself, just shoot me an email or head here to learn how you can grab your own Premium Starter Kit (which includes Frankincense, Lavender, Copaiba, and Purification- all of which are great for your skin!)

1 comment:

  1. I love essential beauty oil! My hair is so much better with it!! And why did I never think of Rose ointment on the heels?!?!? I use it on my elbows.

    ReplyDelete