Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up: Sunny Days

Friday afternoon, was unbelievably warm here in Austin. 
The girls came home from school and the weather was in the 80s. We decided to walk home from the bus stop, and I sent the girls straight back outside with a popsicle. 
Within a few minutes, they decided it was warm enough for swim suits and changed. They also begged me for the water sprinkler, but it was a hard no, since it is February. 
They jumped and played for a while before it got dark and we called it a night. 

Saturday morning, I had the cutest breakfast helper. 

I haven't cooked breakfast for the girls in a long time, but we were all home with no rushed plans, so Adalyn and I made French Toast for everyone. 
We had strawberries and powder sugar too :) 
After lunch, we went to Ikea to pick up a few things. Needless to say, the girls were getting a little delirious. And, if you've never been in an Ikea, it's a maze of home furnishings, linens, decor, and more. Once you're in, you pretty much have to walk through the entire store (except for a few short cuts) before you can get out. 
Saturday was cold, so I changed and drove downtown to meet a friend for dinner. 
Lauren was in town for work and Austin marathon, and I was so excited that she was here. We ate dinner at Magnolia Cafe on South Congress, and enjoyed catching up. 
I made it home, and changed in to jammies and watched some Netflix with these girls. 
Meanwhile, DJ and Gretchen were downtown watching the Three Musketeers. 
They got home after 11, and she loved the play and spending the night out with her dad. 

DJ had to run to work on Sunday, and we spent the day cleaning house, and putting together our Ikea finds. 

It was a low key weekend, and we enjoyed every minute of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment