Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Gobble Gobble: Turkey Shirt


I had a lovely Teaching Tots post planned for today, but as I was typing it last night, my internet shut off. So, I was unable to save it. For future reference, maybe I should type in word and copy/paste?
So, today, you get this adorable turkey shirt! I was wanting to make a shirt like this for Gretchen, until I found a steal of a deal on a Lolly Wolly Doodle smocked dress (you MUST check them out on Facebook!). I still may make her this shirt, just so she can run and play on Turkey day!
Anyway, I had a request for the turkey clippie that I've previously made, and then she asked if I could make an applique' shirt to match... Well, of course I can! I just had been putting it off. I ended up making the tail feathers in the exact same colors as the clippie, except I used a polk-a-dot fabric for the green, just to give it a little more whimsy. I also love the wavy lines on the turkey.
This turkey isn't sewn onto the shirt yet, because I'm still waiting to find the right size, but I love him already! I'll also add two white buttons for his eyes, and the turkey clip will have googly eyes.
I'm selling the turkey clippie for $4.00, and the shirt for $16.00 on my facebook page- just search for Honey Pie Accessories.
I also think it would be adorable to monogram "Gobble, Gobble" underneath this little turkey!
I know Julie's little girl will look delicious in her custom Thanksgiving shirt!

1 comment: