Sunday, August 28, 2011

Phew, What a Week!

Last week was busy, well, that may even be an understatement, see how tuckered out MC is! She's been so tired, that she started sleeping through the night last weekend! And, it's continued almost every single night this past week. Thank goodness, because this mama needs her beauty rest!

G went to preschool 4 days this week. She loves going. People don't believe me, but she literally cries when I pick her up. I'm lucky if I get a hug and a kiss goodbye from her in the mornings, and I have to somewhat battle a three year old that does not want to leave school!

I've also realized that my dream of her looking like a fabulous three year old diva has gone out the window. She comes home an absolute mess every day! On Thursday, she had woodchips and dirt all over her face from the playground. Thank goodness for spray and wash and bath time!

G also had her second week of dance class last week. I have to confess, that I was unable to sneak a peek at her through those tiny little windows. One, because I don't want to be, 'that parent'. But, also because it was hot and I was just trying to keep MC happy.


On the bright side, there is a little girl in her class that also goes to her preschool, and her mom and I have chatted both weeks. They also don't live far from us, so i'm hoping that I may have met my first friend here in Oklahoma! (That sounds completly depressing.)


(You can see that I have way more pictures of MC this week, since I've been home with her, and not G.)


On Monday, I scoured the phone book for every speech therapy place listed begging them for a job! I had had an interview with the school district the week before, but I just felt that I needed to turn down the position, and did that Monday afternoon. After feeling like I shot myself in the foot, because it didn't appear that anyone in the phone book was hiring, and none of the staffing agencies had called me back, I went to the football office to email my resume' to two places who said they'd keep it on file.


Thankfully, one company I called, knew of another company that was hiring and gave me their number. By Tuesday, I had scheduled two interviews for Wednesday!


On Wednesday, I took G to preschool, dropped off a deposit at MC's daycare, and then headed to the football office, so DJ could watch MC while I went on my first interview. It went well, and I hope to work with this company starting two afternoons a week and building up as needed.


After my morning interview, DJ and I, along with MC, headed to Abolini's for pizza- um, it was the most spectacular pizza ever! Maybe, because we're finally getting out of our box of just pepporoni and sausage!


After pizza, I headed off to my afternoon interview, and I was blessed that MC could tag along! With this company, I'll be doing contract work and seeing 2-5 year olds at local headstarts, and a few kiddos in their home. Which, is an amazing opportunity! It gives me the flexibility to be home and off when I need to, and to go into work as I please. Friday's will be my flex day, where I can stay home with one or both girls, or I can go in for a few hours and make up any kiddos that I missed during the week.


I should start at least one of these positions right after labor day weekend!

I somehow convinced G to stay home from preschool on Friday. With a promised trip to the library, it wasn't too difficult! Although, she did miss water day at preschool, we decided we could have our own water day at home (although, SSSHHH! we haven't done that yet, and it's now Sunday!)


But, we headed off to the library to pick up some books and a DVD, and then to a local boutique to pick up a football onesie for MC- you'll have to wait and see what i'm going to do with it!

MC was in a good mood on Friday, so I put on her flower-butt onesie and took the opportunity to snap some photo's, because I also wanted a new photo for Honey Pie Accessories facebook page.

Friday afternoon, I kept G busy with stickers. I did give her some paper, but she decided that her face (and legs) were a better spot for them!


I really hope this upcoming week isn't as busy, but I'm afraid it will be. So, i'm going to take today easy, and be a pretty worthless bum!


1 comment:

  1. glad you are finding some good options with work! the girls are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete