We had a whirlwind of a weekend around here! But, I'm ready to get this week started so we can get on to our spring break!
Friday morning I had to wake up at 4:30 am in order to meet the other SLPs in my school district for a continuing education conference in Oklahoma City. Thankfully, I was able to sleep a bit on the way over, and the conference wasn't entirely too boring! I got some great ideas, and was reinspired with some therapy ideas I had, and I'm hoping to be able to put them in place really soon!
We arrived back in Tulsa around 6, and I went home, ate dinner, and then my neighbor and I headed to a friend's house for a Matilda Jane and Sashy Pants party! I unplugged for the night and happily took advantage of some girls night out!
Saturday morning started bright and early as I got up and went on a 2.5 mile walk/jog.
I've started "running" again over the last two weeks, and I'm really hoping to continue!
Once I got back, everyone was awake, and we had breakfast, and then Gretchen and I went to Target to pick up some birthday presents. We came home and DJ and G headed off to a birthday party, and the little girls and I went to Hobby Lobby and Joann's.
Addy and I were ready to run some errands!
We got home and Megan modeled my bracelet from Nickel & Suede as a belt!
Meanwhile, Gretchen was having a blast at Chuck E Cheese. She's 7 years old and this is the very first time she has ever been to Chuck E Cheese.
I despise that place; it's germs, it's pizza, everything about it. But, when her friend from school had a party there, she begged to go and we obliged.
The little girls played in their kitchen while we waited on Gee to arrive!
Our toy kitchen has been kept upstairs in Gretchen's room, but we wanted to bring it down for the little girls to be able to have more access to it. I cornered my dining room table, and we had the perfect spot in my kitchen for their kitchen. The've and so much fun playing with it the last few days!
After lunch, my mom, sister in law, and niece arrived!
They came up to help me work on this ^ order! I don't make ruffle pants, but my mom does, and I couldn't turn down this order and the chance to make such a precious 1st birthday outfit!
We spent the rest of Saturday sewing. Not only did they help me with the pants, but they helped me finish up 6 other orders as well! Since we are going out of town for Spring Break, I wanted to get all of my orders finished and shipped!
I'm happy to say that I only have 2 left to finish up this week, and maybe 3 so I can already be ahead when we get back!
They left Sunday around 1:30, and DJ had football practice, so he went in early Sunday morning to catch up on things around the office before practice began.
Gretchen had another birthday party at 2, so I took her to her friend's house, dropped her off, and then headed home to put Adalyn down for her nap.
Megan played and watched Sleeping Beauty while I finished up another order.
We had about an hour before I had to get Gretchen, so I didn't want to start another order, so I drug all of my Easter decorations out of the attic.
Since Easter is early this year, I knew that if I didn't get my decorations up, it wouldn't happen.
Reggie wanted to take this time to model for a photo. (Please ignore her socks and shoes- she totally picked them out on her own.) She has started "posing" with one foot in the air and her head to the side. I have no idea where she got this from!
We went and picked up Gretchen, and headed home to finish decorating. I made the girls grilled cheese for dinner, and then the big girls cleaned up their bedrooms while Adalyn pushed around her baby and blanket.
She loves pushing her buggy or her stroller with a baby and blanket in it!
DJ finally made it home with PeiWei, and then Addy got a bath and we got all the girls in bed! It was a super busy weekend, but I'm happy with all that we accomplished!
Now, let's get started with today so we can be one day closer to our vacation!!!












Looks like a fun weekend!! I love going to teacher conferences and coming back and putting the ideas into practice when you find time lol :) I know how that goes.. Finding time is the hardest.. I love the outfits you made. What type of embroidery machine do you have? I been looking into getting a bigger one. I have a small brother right now only does 4x4 :(
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday.. We are on spring break FRIDAY!!!
Chelsea@ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com
What a fun weekend ! We don't have spring break until april 3....we are counting down the days!!!!
ReplyDelete