Friday, March 24, 2017

The Welte's at Disney: Our Day at Sea

If you've been reading here this week, you've been catching up on our Disney Cruise recaps!  


And, today, is our last day.... our sea day! 

We went to sleep after our day at Castaway Cay and our Pirate Night with high hopes for our day at sea! I was looking forward to lounging at the pool, and the girls were excited to finally spend some time in the kids club! 

Unfortunately, around 3 am, Megan woke up sick. And she was sick every 30-60 minutes. Which threw a little kink in our plans. 

My mom had booked us a time slot to meet several Disney princesses. So, I got ready, and got Gretchen and Adalyn up and dressed. We had a quick breakfast, and headed to the atrium around 9:30. DJ stayed back in the room with Megan. 

And, I have to brag, because that man was a trooper. He cleaned up messes, jumped out of bed when she got sick, and just rocked it. He handled it way better than I did! Needless to say, he and Megan were both tired, so they slept late. In fact, she didn't even care that she missed the princesses, until she realized it that afternoon. I on the other hand, was heartbroken that she was missing out. 
So, we got in line, and because we were assigned time slots, there wasn't much of a wait, and the girls met Rapunzel first. We had already met her on day 1, but the girls were excited to see her again!
I took a few photographs, but the Disney photographers took some too, and theirs turned out much better. #professionals. 

My mom ended up buying the usb of all of the pictures, so we will have all of them. If you're traveling with a party, I'd recommend having them take photographs and assign them all to one room. Then, split the cost of the usb. (We ended up purchasing prints as well.)
After Rapunzel, the girls met Belle. Addy was smitten. 
And then we were on to Tiana. Adalyn would hand the princesses the autograph book and say "write your name." We also took a frame to have autographed, but we kind of forgot about it the first few days of our trip, so it's not as full as I'd like. But, we're going back to Disney in June, and I plan on taking it and filling it up then! 
 After Tiana, the girls met Cinderella! 
 Again Addy was in love. 

Then, we headed to Animator's Palate because we had tickets to see Anna and Elsa!!! 
 Animators Palate had turned in to a Frozen wonderland, there were songs playing, and animations everywhere. This line was a little bit longer, but they let us in before our time slot, and it still went by pretty quick! Adalyn was pumped to get to see Anna and Elsa! 
And they thought it was pretty cool that they were all sisters! 
A big group hug!

After meeting the princesses, we took the girls to the kids club to hang out for a bit! I didn't want them around Megan, since she was sick, and except for the first day, we hadn't had time to explore the club. While they were playing, they met Peter Pan, made hats, drew pictures, and had tons of fun!

I checked on DJ and Megan and then went to lounge on the deck with my mom. Sadly, our last day was rather cool, and the sun would peek in and out. 
DJ wanted to take Gretchen to see a movie around 12:45, so I picked up the girls from the kids club, and found that Gretchen had settled right in and was singing one of the Peter Pan songs from her Musical Theater class!

While I stayed in the room with Megan and ordered room service, DJ and Gretchen went to see Rogue One, and Adalyn went swimming with my mom.

Megan napped and I packed. 
Around 3, she was feeling better and asked if she could leave the room a little bit. We headed up to Venelope's candy shop. I had promised the girls they could have something from the candy shop- they have huge cupcakes, ice cream, macaroons, and more! But, since they'd been under the weather for some of the trip, we opted out of candy and sweets. 
Megan had her picture taken instead, while we waited on the rest of our family to meet us. 

Since it was cold outside, we headed down to the gift shops to get the girls a little something. 
And found Cinderella's chair on our way! 

Gretchen tried to be all serious, like she was a real queen! 

The girls each picked out a little something, and then Megan asked to go back to the room. An hour out of the room had made her sleepy! I took her back and DJ took the other girls to swim. Eventually, my mom sat with Megan, while I headed up to watch Adalyn so DJ and Gretchen could ride the Aqua Duck again. 
Adalyn loved the Mickey pool! She said it was her absolute favorite!

Our dinner for our last night was in the Enchanted Garden. 
We let Gretchen wear her princess dress, since she was sick when the other girls wore theirs. Megan joined us for dinner, but still wasn't her self... we ordered her crackers and she didn't even eat one. The food on the last night was probably my favorite though! Lobster ravioli.... and I ordered white chocolate bread pudding from the kids desert menu and it was divine! 
We took a few quick photos after dinner. 
And then we went to the final show aboard the ship. DJ stayed back with Megan so he could finish packing. The show was wonderful! It was full of Disney magic- Tinkerbell was there... there was puppetry, and the songs didn't disappoint! We loved the show! 

Afterwards, we headed back to our room to change in to comfy clothes, because Gretchen and I were going to stay up late and watch the premier of Beauty and the Beast!!! 
Ah! We had the best time! They played the movie in both the auditorium and in the movie theater, but didn't start it until 10:45! The movie was fabulous... I wasn't sure if it would be similar to the original, and I didn't even know that it would have several of the same songs. I was thrilled to spend some extra time with my oldest! 

Friday morning we woke up and found ourselves docked at Port Canaveral.... which meant it was time to get off the ship and head back home! 

Our trip was full of ups and downs. The weather wasn't what I would've wanted (bring on the sunshine). But, there were a ton of activities! I would sit at night and plan out what we could do the next day and we would end up not doing any of it. (Mostly because the girls really wanted to swim & explore) I would definitely do a Disney cruise again, but I'd wait until the girls are a little bit older... this way they can do some running around without us having to keep such a close eye on them. We'd try a little harder to take advantage of the kids club, so DJ and I could squeeze in activities we wanted to try. We really had a fabulous time despite the girls (and my brother) getting sick. I think I just wish we had more time to do a little more. 

If you're contemplating a Disney cruise over a trip to Disney.... I would head to Disney World first. I felt like we were really able to squeeze in every single thing we wanted to do. And probably got a little more bang for our buck. But, if you're wanting the beach, and to relax more a Disney cruise is right up your alley! There really is something for everyone on a Disney cruise- if you're not a pool person, there's plenty of activities to fill your time! 

If you have any questions about either of our Disney trips, I'd be more than happy to help answer them! We used a fabulous planner who answered all of our questions and was so helpful in helping us plan all of the details of both of our trips! I'm so thankful for all of her help! 

1 comment:

  1. We did our first Disney cruise this past January and are already dreaming of our next one! We did the same one you did but without the day at sea -- we docked in Key West instead. Next time I want to do a longer one with days at sea.

    I'm sorry that your cruise was marred by sickness. Our daughter ended up with a mild case of the flu during ours and was just exhausted.

    I have to say that we haven't taken our kids to the Disney parks yet and that the cruise was right up their alley since they don't really like rides.

    Anyways, it was fun to read about your cruise experience. I think I'm kind of addicted to cruises now :)

    ReplyDelete