Thursday, January 24, 2019

Life Lately

Wow! It's been forever since I've done a "Life Lately" post! 

We haven't really been busy. Just figuring out what life looks like after football season. I still feel like it's long days for DJ, but we're managing. 
We went to see Mary Poppins on our last day of Christmas break. Which, I actually thought was their first day back at school. DJ dropped them off, and called me when no one else was in the parking lot. Whoops! 

So, I canceled my speech kiddos and the girls and I made a day out of it. 
Mary Poppins was super cute! We all loved it.
After the movie, we went to Home Goods, and all decided this football helmet chair should come home with us.

Spoiler alert- it didn't! 
Austin weather is crazy. Some days it's warm enough for shorts in the afternoon, and other days, it's freezing. 

You know the saying "If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes, and it'll change"? Well, we've heard that in every single state we've lived in, and this is the only place that it's actually true. We'll have 70 degrees at the beginning of the  week and 40 degrees at the end. 
We started the process of finding a new church home here in Texas. Which, I plan on blogging about soon. But, it's the first time these girls were gussied up in a while, so I made them take a picture! 
 
After dinner, we went to a BBQ restaurant, Salt Lick, which was yummy! 
There were picnic tables, and a big playground outside, so we know we'll be back when it warms up!
Addy got this little wolf-dog hat for Christmas (it came with one of my Young Living orders) and I thought she looked cute as she was off to school one morning. 
You know, just a kid stuck in a box! 
Gretchen had a science fair project due last week, and in typically mommy/daddy fashion, we waited until the week it was due to actually help her! Whoops!
Friday was awards assembly day at school. Addy loves wearing dresses, so I picked her out one to wear, and Megan surprised me by picking out one for her too. They looked so cute! 

All of the girls got awards, and we're so proud of how well they've adjusted! They're all loving school! 
And, Gretchen has the sweetest group of friends! 
Friday night, we went to Hat Creek to eat. We tried the one in downtown Austin, but their playground was small, so when we found one closer to our house, with a bigger playground, we were excited! I can get behind any restaurant, with a big playground, where parents can sit and enjoy food and drinks, while their kids play!
Sunday afternoon, our neighborhood had a little get together, so I took the girls. There was cookie decorating, a bounce house, hot cocoa, and a train ride!
They even made little marshmallow snowmen. 
Off they went on the train! 
Sunday afternoon, Megan and I cuddled in to watch Frozen, and I may have had a little nap :) 

It was the best way to spend the afternoon! 

That's Life Lately friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment