Monday, July 29, 2019

Pantry Organization

When we moved in to our house last Fall, I was determined to have a super organized home. We donated, sold, and threw out so much stuff from our previous home because I realized we just didn't need it all! 

Our pantry in this house, isn't super big, so I had to be creative in organizing it! I feel like pantries are often neglected, but if you can take some time to toss out and organize, it will make your life so much easier in the kitchen! 
Here's a peek at most of our pantry; it does wrap around the other side too. 

On the top shelf, I have storage containers for flour, brown sugar, sugar, and powder sugar. 

Then, I worked my way down with clear storage boxes. Under each box is the lid, which made packing last Fall a breeze! I just packed the food in the container, put on the lid, and packed it in a box! Each box is designated in categories.  
We have one box that holds cereal, syrup, pop tarts, pancake mix, and nutella. The girls know that this is where all of the breakfast stuff is. 
Then we have a box for chips. 
I have two designated boxes for soups, peanut butter, beans, rotel. Anything, I'll need for cooking dinner.
Then the girls have two boxes with snack food. I keep these boxes at eye level, so they can easily grab a snack when they're hungry or grab a snack for school. 

They're usual snacks are fig bars, fruit leather, pop corn, Annies cookies, fruit snacks, or granola bars. 
Here's a better view of those storage containers
Like I mentioned, our pantry has a "L" shape. I keep "extras" in one box, such as extra nutella, pickles, chips, cooking spray, spaghetti sauce, or pickles. Basically, just a surplus of things we'll use later, but already have some open. 

Then, in one box, I have dinner side dishes: mac & cheese, spaghetti noodles, croutons, taco seasoning. 
On the bottom, I keep our baking supplies. I do keep the lid on this one so little hands stay out! There's cupcake liners, sprinkles, decorating tips, frosting, and cocoa! 
And, I have a box designated for my protein shakes. 

I love that we can see everything and everything has it's place. It makes it so easy to put away our groceries! 

If you're looking for some pantry organization help, I put together a few favorites:



No comments:

Post a Comment