Well, we had a busy but relaxing weekend. After two late nights at weekend football games, the girls and I skipped going to Houston this weekend and I'm so thankful that we did. We needed the downtown and we needed the sleep.
Today, I'm sharing a little of this and a little of that.
Last weekend, DJ's parents game to visit and went to the UT/LSU game with us. Dianna's birthday was the Sunday before, so we made sure to celebrate with her when she came. After dinner, she opened presents, blew out her candles, and we all had cake.
We usually get to celebrate Adalyn's birthday at their house, so it was fun to celebrate Dianna here!
Does anyone else hate cleaning their make up brushes?
Young Living released this make up brush cleansing set last Spring and it makes cleaning brushes so easy! You just get the little "soap" wet, rub your brush on it, and the swish the brush around on the silicone pad. It gets off SO much gunk! Then, I just lay my brushes out to dry over night.
Easy peasy.
Megan and I ran to Target after gymnastics, and this is how she ended our shopping trip.
And yes, I chopped my hair last week and I'm seriously loving it! I was super nervous and loved my long hair, but lots of you convinced me to chop it and my hairdresser convinced me to keep it just below my shoulders and it's the perfect length. Plus, he taught me how to curl it with my straightener!
These little goodies make me happy, and I'm giving them away in my oily group this month! If you grab a starter kit, then you're eligible to win!
This tree is at our tailgate spot and the girls love climbing on it!
Megan had fun showing off some of her skills at home last week. She's learned so many skills and should move to team in the Spring!
We're still catching pool days here! Yes, it's still close to or over 100, so we're soaking up the sun and making Summer last as long as we can! Although, I'll admit that I'm ready for jeans, booties, teas, and sweaters.
In the mean time, we'll just keep soaking up the sun.
Adalyn came home from school Monday and went to the park with her grandparents and fell asleep on the couch around 7, and then Tuesday, she fell asleep just before 5 and would not wake up! So, we let her skip gymnastics. She was SO tired and worn out! This was one reason that we decided to stay home this past weekend- realizing how exhausted the girls were.
Last week, I finally sent out some fun gifts to new members that grabbed their starter kits from Young Living! It's always so fun to send them freebies and samples!
I picked up this gnocchi from Costco for a quick dinner- Adalyn said it tasted like little pieces of garlic bread, and all the girls were a fan! I'm thinking it would be wonderful with some sausage added in! And it's definitely a cozy meal for Fall.
The girls had a book fair at school last week and Adalyn came home with this marker case that looks like a phone. She was so funny and pretended to text and call her friends!
Also, if you have a Costco- grab their frozen tortillas! You thaw and then they quickly cook on a griddle, and I love that Gretchen can take over the cooking so I can get other stuff done!
And, this girl now has homework every night- we're up to 12 minutes of reading, and I think this week, it'll bump up to 15. But, I need some help! She's pretty whiney and hates sitting down to read. We've tried cuddling on the couch, sitting in a chair together, laying in the bed, or sitting at the bar. I think we'll try her sitting on a big ball next, but she can't stop moving when she reads. So, teachers- help me out here! I also think she's super tired, so rather than starting homework soon after she gets home, we're trying to wait until later so she has some time to play and get energy out first. But, i'll take any homework and reading tips you can share!
Whew! That was a lot of this & that!
Happy Monday friends!







No comments:
Post a Comment