It's my favorite post of the year!!!! I absolutely love decorating our home for Christmas, and if you were here, I'd invite you right on in.
I made my wreath a few years ago, and this may be our last season with it since it's starting to fade or I need to adjust some picks in it. I picked up the plaid pillow at Costco this year, and my mom made the JOY sign for us. Our little Christmas tree is one we purchased at Lowe's when we were in Louisiana at a bowl game for Christmas.
Our front entry has all of the girls hand and foot print art from over the years. It's a touch of fun when you walk in the front door.
On our secretary, I added greenery, lights, a fun arrangement, and lots and lots of Christmas picks including fun red feathers.
My mother in law started a village collection for us and we've never had a place to really display it. I decided that it would be perfect in the playroom and the girls are obsessed! They turn on the lights and music every day and watch it. We've already added one more additional piece to it after I took this photo. I also put all of their Christmas books in the green basket for them.
My mom made some fun pink pillows for the play room sofa.
And I added a little nativity they can play with on the TV stand along with our bottle brush trees.
I love these little trees.
We added a few pink signs to the shelf in their playroom.
We don't have a fireplace in this home, which I miss so much, but we also don't really need one here in Texas. We toured so many homes without a fireplace when we were house shopping. Anyway, I tend to treat this little TV stand as our "mantle' since our TV hangs on the wall.
I placed greenery, and then added individual holly bushes, red burlap ornaments, and feathers.
A few Christmas touches to our tiered tray.
Each of the book cases have photos of the kids with Santa from over the years and a few little Santa decorations. I keep all of our Christmas cards, and they're in the baskets in front of the bookcase.
Our stockings are hung.....
My mom gave me this little trio of wooden Santas, so they're on our coffee table.
I hung a wreath and a Santa in our tobacco baskets and a nativity on the table.
Our little sideboard has our placemat waiting for Santa's milk and cookies and some little Spode bakeware.
Our wooden reindeer came from Hobby Lobby and I added greenery, ribbon, sequin ornaments, and more feathers to our dining table.
I have some of my Spode serving dishes on display in the kitchen.
And a cute little gingerbread girl hanging on the pantry door.
We also have lots of Santas in the kitchen.
And finally, our advent countdown. Each bag has an activity or random act of kindness for every day of December, counting down until Christmas Eve.
I love how cozy our home feels over the holidays.




















No comments:
Post a Comment