Tuesday, June 9, 2020

June Lateyl

We hit the ground running last Monday, and I can already tell that June is going to fly by. I can tell you right now that we're thankful that school is out, but I also feel like I'm struggling to keep up with all the things. DJ went back to work, and I'm back to three days a week, and one day a week at home. We've also squeezed in some traveling, which makes me feel more behind too. My daily motto continues to be "it will get done..... eventually." Sigh. 

Here's what we've been up to. 
Last week, Adalyn went back to gymnastics! I picked her up, took her to Target, and we came home to bake cookies. 
She found a recipe in our American Girl cookbook, and I tweaked it just a bit. The recipe called for peppermint flavor and red food coloring, but we opted for orange essential oil and sprinkles! 

Psst- if you have a girl that loves to cook, this cookbook would make a wonderful present! We bought it for Gretchen for Christmas one year and we've used it so many times! 
I started a 30 day yoga challenge, and I'm one week in. I'm also working on closing my rings on my apple watch this month. It has felt so good to get in some yoga every day! 
Gretchen is currently at my mom's house for "Camp Gee." She's picked blueberries, went camping, and even made an apron! It's reversible and so cute! We pick her up on Thursday and can't wait to see her! 
Meanwhile, Adalyn has been working on her reading. We're currently reading our way through the Magic Treehouse books. 
She picked out the cutest little sticker sets from the dollar spot in Target. There were a set of 3, and she picked out a set for Megan too. They worked on them while I cooked dinner, and then for a few days afterwards! It was a great way to keep them entertained! 
Megan took hers camping with her and so much fun with them! 
I've been taking my yoga practice outside, and this cutie joined me at the end of my session last week. 
And, I had to share a picture of Gretchen's clean room! It won't look like this on Thursday when she gets home! Ha! I'm enjoying it while it lasts! 

Whew! That's a bit of what we've been up to this month! Come back tomorrow for a re-cap of our weekend camping trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment