Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Amazon Lately

I don't know about y'all, but having a 3 day weekend sure was nice! I know I'll be playing lots of catch up this week, and then we have our first football game Saturday! (#hookem)

 As always, I've been placing random Amazon orders, and I'm so thankful for that easy button. Sometimes, I feel guilty because it's a little too easy, but here's what we've been priming lately. 
A new stopper for the sink. I had noticed that the outside ring of ours was falling off, and had been for several uses, and I was getting tired of fitting it back in, so I just ordered a new one. I loved the look of this stainless one.  Also, this may have been the most random thing I've ever ordered on Amazon. 

Face shields.... I need to be wearing some sort of PPE for work, and the cloth masks are super hard to wear when you're a speech therapist; so I ordered 2 face shields, which basically remind me of a welding helmet. 

My favorite shave gel has been super hard to find, so I'm working on finding another clean brand that I love just as much as my original. I ordered this brand, and so far, I'm liking it, and it's a close 2nd to my favorite. Plus, the price point is perfect. 

My favorite yoga pants are from Amazon.... I actually found them years ago at Marshalls and TJ Max, but I've had a harder time finding them at the store. So, I've been ordering them from Amazon. I had someone tell me they thought I was wearing LuluLemon, so I'll take that as a plus without the price tag. Also, these hold your tummy in and don't ride down. 

We are really focusing on encouraging Adalyn to love reading.... math is her strong suit, and reading is more difficult. She's fine if we read to her, but she just doesn't enjoy it. She asked if she could have the Magic Treehouse books (her teacher read them last year, but didn't finish them because of COVID) so, I ordered her the 1st 4 sets. We also did a fun activity with the 1st book, and I'm hoping to find more activities we can do together based on the books. 

I ordered a package of pom poms to use as the girls reward system with school, per Adalyn's request. We are down for all of the positive reinforcement and each day, the girls earn fuzzies. They'll be able to redeem them for special prizes or even for money. #becauseitworks #whateverittakes

I also ordered one of these tablets and the girls are loving it! It's perfect for working on math, spelling, phonics, handwriting, drawing. I actually need to order a few more- we started with 1, but I think each of the girls would love having one of their own, and y'all, this would be the perfect birthday present or Christmas gift! 

And finally, a set of bicycle lights. Two of our neighbors have these, and they're perfect for lighting up bicycles in the dark.... we've been playing outside well past dark during these Summer nights, so I loved the idea of having the girls be more visible on their bicycles. You receive 4 colors (8 lights) so we actually had 1 leftover, and it comes with replaceable batteries, and a little bag to store them in. These are a hit! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment