I hope you all had a blessed Easter Sunday.
After being out of church for the past year, we were excited to head back to church, but a kink was thrown in our plans, and it reminded me that the weekend Jesus died, probably didn't go as planned either.
I'm so thankful it didn't. He wouldn't have fulfilled the prophecy and taken our sin upon His shoulders. I'm so thankful for that gift. I'm not a perfect Christian, but man am I thankful for a God that forgives and a Savior that died for us.
Friday evening, we had company and Adalyn didn't feel well. She had a slight fever and she threw up. We cancelled all of our Saturday plans except our family bluebonnet pictures. I actually tried to cancel but rescheduling was going to be a nightmare and by mid Saturday, Adalyn was feeling better and hadn't ran a fever since that one little time Friday night. She rallied and our photographer was fabulous and didn't mind at all.
DJ snapped the picture above with me and the girls, and I snapped a quick one of each girl, and I love how these turned out with my camera so I can't wait to see what the photographer captured.
Our 13 year old.
Almost 10.
And 7.
We drove home, had a quick dinner, and dyed our Easter eggs.
The girls can do it solo, so DJ and I were loving it!
They did a fabulous job!
We kept it simple, because we celebrate Easter with just the 5 of us, so the girls dyed 4 eggs each.
After they dyed eggs, Adalyn said she was tired, and I happened to take her temperature again and it was right at 100.2
I put her in our bed and we made the call that going back to church wasn't going to happen.
The Easter Bunny came and did his job after the girls went to bed.
Gretchen received lots of thread for her bracelets!
Megan received colored pencils, a sketch pad, and a Skipper toy.
Adalyn got a new Skipper too and LOL dolls.
She woke up around 7:30 but she was not feeling it.
She wasn't running a fever, but she just didn't have a ton of energy.
We had a lazy morning, watched online service, and waited for the Easter Bunny to drive around our neighborhood! He gave out little bags of candy and Megan and Adalyn thought it was so much fun! Afterwards, we had a small egg hunt in the backyard.
Growing up, I had always dyed eggs in my family and we would take them to my aunt's house and all come home with everyone else's dyed eggs. But, DJ's family always had plastic eggs with money, so that's what the girls hunt for. After the hunt, they counted their money.
We also use the same amount of colored eggs and each girl has their own color to find so it's fair.
After our egg hunt, the girls played, DJ watched basketball, I worked on laundry, and DJ made smoked pork tenderloin for dinner.
Our Easter was simple, but we were together as a family and that is all I could ask for.




















No comments:
Post a Comment