Mother's day weekend was perfection around here. I felt lots of love from DJ and the girls; they spoiled me well.
Friday evening started with some cuddles from Adalyn.
And then Saturday morning, I told them that I really wanted a clean house for Mother's Day, and one that I didn't have to clean! I layed in bed watching Outlander, while DJ and the girls got the house clean. I finally got up around noon to get in a workout, and have lunch, before we headed to.....
McKinney Falls! We've been wanting to go to McKinney Falls since we first heard about it, but with all of the restrictions in place it was hard to get in to! You have to have a reservation and spots fill up fast!
We started off with a small hike down to the Indian bluffs.
The area was closed off so we couldn't explore too much.
So we hiked over to one of the Falls area.
Lots of people were swimming and jumping off, and there was a large rat snake crawling up the walls! Yikes!
We made our way over to a "beach" area and the girls got right in!
The water was cool which was perfect because it was hot outside!
Eventually, DJ and the girls made their way back over to the falls..... and to where the snake was spotted. I happily sat and watched from my spot. Can you spot DJ in the red shirt? Gretchen was brave enough to jump off the edge!
Eventually they made their way back down, and I kid you not, that snake was in the water so close to them, they finally came back over to where I was sitting.
The girls swam some more far away from that snake!
I loved spending the day with them outside.
Eventually we hiked our way to a different set of falls, and no snakes were spotted.
This area was much less crowded, and we opted to stay at the top.
Saturday evening I came home and put on a new set of nail dashes.
Sunday morning, we opted for late service so I could sleep in. After lots of presents and homemade cars we headed off to church.
Adalyn had a soccer game Sunday afternoon, and afterwards we got ice cream. She may be the messiest ice cream eater ever.
Just look at this face!
We finished the evening with a steak dinner. I was able to watch more of Outlander, get my workouts in. It was a wonderful weekend.



















No comments:
Post a Comment