Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Bowling Bash

When Gretchen and I started talking about her birthday party and what type of party she wanted; she pretty immediately decided she wanted a bowling party with friends! I mean, what's better than a group of your closest friends hanging at the bowling alley on a Friday night when you're a teenager?

I remember planning elaborate parties for the girls when they were little, and I have to admit, as they get older, party planning becomes way easier. We picked a date, she texted her friends, and then we made a simple invite on Canva so their parents didn't think we were crazy and that was it. I booked the party online, and we showed up ready to bowl. 
DJ helped the girls divide up and put their names in. 
And they mostly stood around and talked waiting for their turn. I laughed, because they only sat down twice, and both times was when it was time to eat. 
We ordered pizza for everyone, and they stopped just long enough to inhale a few bites. 

So glad this teenager, still let's her little sisters tag along; but, let's be honest- they had to use a different lane. 
Photo bomb by dad. 
I sat back and watched and cuddled this baby while everyone bowled. It won't be long until she's 14. 
More bowling, more talking, and more little sisters bugging the big girls. 

Loved being able to celebrate her! 
We made a gluten free chocolate cake with bakery icing and it was delicious! Gretchen picked out the sprinkles and decorated it herself. 
She opened presents.
Made a wish.
And then everyone spent the last 30 minutes playing arcade games. 
By this point, a few moms had arrived, so we chatted, while Megan took my phone to take pictures of the games. I think this one was a favorite. 

It was so fun celebrating this 14 year old at her bowling bash with her friends! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment