Monday, June 6, 2022

Memorial Weekend Camping Trip: Day 2

Day 2 of our Memorial weekend camping trip, started with breakfast and sitting on the beach. Basically, it was a perfect morning. 
DJ and Megan played catch for a while. 


These girls hunted for shells. 
There was also some book reading. 
And ice cream eating. 

The girls jumped in the waves, tried to paddleboard (this never works well in the ocean) and dug in the sand.
Around 2, we headed out to eat at a Texas Bucket List stop. It was a hole in the wall. We ordered calamari, clams, and crawfish queso. 
I ordered fish with sauce and shrimp, rice and veggies. My food was delicious. 
Gretchen ordered a shrimp po'boy. 
And DJ ordered crawfish and shrimp. I had originally said I would share and I'm so glad I opted not to because that food was a lot of work, there was a ton of butter sauce too, and it made him sick that afternoon. 
My brother and sister in law shared a bucket of shrimp, mushrooms, and crabs. 
After lunch, we headed back to the campground so we could paddleboard in the smooth bay waters. 
Gretchen took her cousin out, I took Megan and Adalyn out, and then Gretchen went by herself. The water looks smooth, and it was easy to float out on, but you had to work hard to get back thanks to the wind. 
I could paddleboard all day. It's so relaxing... unless you have two monkeys on the back. 

We opted to skip dinner because lunch was so big, but as soon as it got dark, we went out to hunt crabs. 


I think we ended up catching 10. Our bucket was not the best; note, you don't want holes in your bucket or anything they can grab on to! They kept climbing up the basket and we kept knocking them back down! In the end we let them all go, but I don't think I've ever caught so many crabs before! 

No comments:

Post a Comment