Adalyn turned 9 and we celebrated with a soccer themed birthday sleepover with all of her best friends!
She asked for a soccer party in April, so while we had plenty of time to plan, I totally Amazon Primed all of her birthday decor! She helped pick it all out, and the we added touches of pink to girly it up a bit.
For the centerpiece, I used faux grass placemats, containers of bubble gum balls, and photo booth props. This set, completed the banner and balloons.
I wasn't sure what type of center piece to use for a soccer party, but it turns out these bubble gum balls, and the photo props were a perfect centerpiece.
I ordered soccer ball plates and napkins for her cake, and big pink plates for the pizza.
On our sideboard, I put the left over photo props, and the items we would need for our game.
The girls each have their own cake service set that my mother bought for them on their 1st birthday, and one day, they'll use it at their wedding.
Adalyn found this soccer game, similar to pin the tail on the donkey, and she asked for it to be played.
She was ready to go, and had been telling us for weeks that her birthday was coming!
She requested an oreo cake, that she has had for the last 3 years now! The cake toppers came in this big party set.
We played a game of over/under outside with soccer balls; the girls jumped on the trampoline for a bit, but it was hot! So, we moved our bowling game indoors.
Adalyn had this idea to buy a blow up bowling set and use the soccer ball to knock down the pins.
Lots of fun, and lots of work setting the pins back up again.
After bowling, we played the next game.
This one was a lot of fun, and as a bonus, I put Megan and Gretchen in charge of the games so I could just sit back and watch!
After games, we had pizza, and opened presents.
Adalyn was pumped for this squishmallow from her Pops & Grandma Dee.
After presents, we had cake and ice cream!
Then we had some photo booth fun!
Megan and Gretchen really had some fun!
The next morning, we had birthday doughnuts, said good bye to her friends that spent the night.
And then had some afternoon cuddles!
On July 4th, we took her "last night as an 8 year old" picture
Love this sweet girl.
And on July 5th, she woke up as a 9 year old!
She requested more birthday doughnuts, so I took her to pick them out, and we came home to eat with Megan and DJ.
It's basically tradition that she gets a long john doughnut and we sing to her on her birthday morning.
Then she opened the present that we got her.
Later that night, we celebrated one more time with cupcakes at our campsite!
This girl had lots of celebrating for her birthday!
Sources:































No comments:
Post a Comment