About half way through the summer, I realized that we need to be going on college tours for Gretchen. I don't know if I was in denial or just thought we had plenty of time, but I kind of panicked one evening and booked a bunch of college tours for us!
We started out with a tour of UMHB which is right up the road from us. She really wants to go out of state, but I was hoping (and still am) that she'd fall in love with something close to home!
We had the most amazing tour here and honestly she did really like it!
Of course we had to visit the football field!
As of right now, she's definitely applying here (honestly because I think our tour was just that good!) But her heart is set on going out of state...... so.....
Off to Oklahoma we went!
We had to have dinner with old friends of course and we were so thankful that Connor and his mom were able to meet us at one of our favorite restaurants! Gretchen and Connor were besties in elementary school!
His momma is pretty amazing too!
The next day, we had a tour set up at Tulsa.
It was a pretty full circle moment because she use to splash in these fountains as a little girl! Ever since we moved away, Tulsa has always been her number one school of choice.
We finished out tour, did some sight seeing of our old houses and her old schools; did some shopping, and then...
met more friends for dinner and roller skating!!!
We got back to my cousins house (we crashed with him) and Gretchen had a fever and didn't feel well. So we sadly, cancelled our Saturday plans with other friends. I let her sleep Saturday morning, she woke up fever free and rallied so we could explore downtown BA for just a bit.
Then we headed to Arkansas to Gee's house!
We spent the weekend at Gee's, had a tour at UCA since it's close to the grandparents.
And then drove back north to Fayetteville!
The tour there was much more crowded! There was a large group of people.
She saw Old Main.
We walked through campus, had lunch in a cafeteria, and then we were going to meet back up to see the student activity building. But, Gretchen was tired and we opted to skip it. She did want to go to the honor's college presentation and guys- that's what sold her on the U of A.
As of right now, it's her top choice.
We still have a few more schools that we are looking in to and considering- all out of state.
But this is such a fun time for us! I love seeing her blossom and grow.



















No comments:
Post a Comment