I'm not sure about y'all, but I was kind of taken aback that this is the last Wednesday of January! I mean, it's kind of flown by! And, I'm counting down the weeks until Spring!!!!
Each month, I try (and sometimes fail) at linking up for What's Up Wednesday! But, I'm on my game this week, and I'm linking up to share today!
So, here's what we'll be covering:
#excitingstuffItellya
1. What We're Eating This Week:
Well, believe it or not, I've actually meal planned! #thisneverhappens.
Monday- Taco Rice
Tuesday- BBQ/Orange Chicken Sliders
Wednesday- Chicken Spaghetti
Thursday- Gretchen's birthday. She's requesting Olive Garden, and I'm requesting anything else!
Friday- Pizza Night!
2. What I'm Reminiscing About:
Tomorrow, Gretchen Rose turns 9!!!! And, I'm a big ball of mush reminiscing about the day she was born and all of those firsts we've experienced, and how much she's grown. I mean, when I realized that we were halfway done, with her living in our house (in 9 more years, she'll be 18!) I was a big cry baby!
3. What I'm Loving:
My Roomba. I start it every single day when we leave the house, and the fact that I don't have to vacuum anymore, pretty much makes me the happiest girl on the planet.
4. What We've Been Up To:
On the weekends, we've been enjoying some low-key, lazy mornings. We are so busy during football season, that it's nice to just relax and have no plans. I enjoy keeping our weekends free, since we're hustling and bustling throughout the week.
Bur during the week, we've been up to school & work... it's recruiting season for DJ... working out, gymnastics, keeping entertained with basketball while sister is in gymnastics, speech therapy, & musical theater.
Our weeks are busy and rushed. But we're also enjoying the fact that DJ is home more often and football season is "over".
5. What I'm Dreading:
Did I mention that this girl turns 9 tomorrow? She's already been asking for a phone, iPod, iPad, and when she can wear make up. These next 9 years are going to be so tough, but they're also going to be major learning moments for both of us. And, part of me dreads the teenage years, because I remember how I was as a teenager. #sorrymom
6. What I'm Working On....
Lots of IEP meetings, some evaluations, conferences..... It's going to be a busy few weeks at my day job!
And on the home front, The Weltes are going back to Disney! So, I'm working on wrapping up some details for our upcoming Disney Cruise!
7. What I'm Excited About:
Spring is coming! I mean, I know it's early, but if you think about it..... we maybe have 5 more weeks of Winter. Now that we live in Oklahoma, I can pretty much count on Spring arriving at the end of February/first of March, so I'm counting down until warmer days. We love being able to play outside more, we love planting flowers, and we love the sunshine! And y'all, I am ready for it.
8. What I'm Watching/Reading:
I'm almost finished with Parenthood! I'm currently in season 5, and thankfully, I haven't cried as much as I did in season 4.
And, I'm currently reading "Giddy Up Eunice" by Sophie Hudson. I started reading it at Christmas, and while I love her book, it's just me finding time to read it.
9. What I'm Listening To:
Currently????? A car commercial. Oklahoma has car commercials at every single commercial break. #especiallyJimGlover
10. What I'm Wearing:
I'm pretty thankful that blankets have been turned in to a fashion accessory. Enter, the blanket scarf.
And I'm getting lots of wear from my CC Beanie.
11. What I'm Doing This Weekend:
Celebrating this girl!!!! We're having one of her friends sleepover and my mom is coming for a visit! We've opted out of a birthday party this year in exchange for a special gift she's been wanting!
12. What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month:
We are looking forward to Valentine's day! These were our Valentine's last year, but we've already picked out our Valentine's for our friends this year, and I have a fun little Valentine's breakfast planned for the girls!
DJ and I are also looking forward to signing day, which is February 8th, and maybe even a date night out! While he's home more often during the week right now, next week and the next, he'll be working on our getting film together for our incoming freshman class and those that are signing with our football team. A few years ago, I wrote about National Collegiate Signing Day.
13. What Else Is New:
Not much! We like to take January and just re-group as a family. We're back from our bowl trip, DJ's home, and it's too cold to get out and about, so we spend lots of time just hanging out together! We like to keep it low key and just work on getting back in to a routine and reconnecting as a family. I finally feel like life is sane again and I'm less stressed, and I enjoy soaking these moments in.

















My baby will be 9 in march and I'm so sad about that! It goes too fast ;( and meal planning is now my new bff!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteFebruary 1st 😉
ReplyDelete