Gretchen woke up early this morning, thus she was a little more tired than she has been the last 2 days this week. Which, also meant that she was more stubborn and wanting her own way. So, it was a difficult morning for her, in part because I wouldn't let her play in our bathroom drawers. So, let's fast forward, we get to swim lessons, I could tell in the car that she was already getting tired. We got changed and went to the pool area. She immediately went to her ledge and sat down. I tried taking a few pictures, but the camera battery went dead, so I only got 2 of her on the ledge. We get in the water, and she did much better than I did! It was cold! We played "motor boat", tossed the ball back and forth with our hands, feet, and noses, played "humpty dumpty", and swam after toys. Gretchen loves "humpty dumpty" the best. Everytime we went over to the wall, she said "sit", and I had to gently explain that she couldn't sit on the wall just to play humpty dumpty again. As she was tossing the ball to the 2 boys in the class (she's the only girl), she signed "finished".... she didn't like that game so much and had had enough! She loved throwing the toy into the water and swimming after it- today, she picked out the dinosaur and the boat. She did get to "ride a horse"... on the noodle, but she kept kicking her legs and making me nervous since she was moving around so much! In all, it was a great swim lesson, she seems to be very comfortable in the water (must be DJ's genes), but she was so tired after it was over! She came home and took a nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment