Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Be a Giver: Preschool Girl Toys for under $20.00

If you haven't started your Christmas shopping yet, you have less than 6 weeks! I throughly enjoy playing Santa to Gretchen and browsing through all of the fabulous toys at the store. I wanted to showcase some of my favorite toddler girl toys for under $20.00! All of these toys are from Target and can be found on their website. If you have a little girl to buy for, and you're not sure what to get her, bath toys are always perfect! Gretchen loves playing in the tub, there are many evenings where she splashes away and refuses to get out of the tub! She doesn't have this tub set, but she has the ABC's and #'s that stick to the bath wall. I love those because they're educational, but these adorable flower stick ons allow a little girls creativity to run wild! These are $11.99
Leap Frog has some wonderful fridge magnets! Gretchen has the animal sounds one, but I'd love to get her this one as well! The fridge talk is for ages 3 and older and has 3 learning modes: questions, songs, and free play. This is currently out of stock on Target's website, but you can always purchase it directly from Leap Frog.
I also think play-doh is a fabulous toy! Sadly, Gretchen still eats it, but she can spend hours sitting in her high chair playing with play-doh and cookie cutters.



I love this babydoll! She is just gorgeous!!! This doll has received the 2006 National Parenting Center Seal of Approval. She is more expensive, at 19.99, but she comes with bunny slippers, a silk pillow, and accessories to help her get ready in the morning (brush, toothbrush, etc.). I'm really wanting to get Gretchen babydolls this year, and we may have to get her!This is another great fridge toy from Leap Frog! And, it's only $16.99. The Fridge DJ teaches numbers, counting (1-20), uppercase and lower case letters. I love having fridge toys that Gretchen can play with while I'm cooking, and again, this is something that I'd love to add to our collection.


If you have not played Elefun you're missing out! I think that all little kids love to watch the butterflies fly out of the elephants trunk. It can be a little difficult for little ones to catch the butterflies in the net and the batteries seem to need replacing often. But, I've always enjoyed this game! Elefun is only $13.99, but Target has already been marking down their games in the store!
If you're little girl has a kitchen set, or if Santa is bringing her one, then she needs these adorable pastel pots and pans to cook with! This is a 27 piece set and sells for only $10.99! It's modeled in durable plastic and comes in pastel colors of pink, buttercup, sky blue, and white. It features a frying pan, pot with lid, 4 cups, 4 bowls, 4 plates, and 4 sets of silverware! Make sure that you also get her a tupperware or other storage container to hold all of the pieces though! I really want to get Gretchen a babydoll that actually does something! This one actually crawls! I can just imagine Gretchen's face when she discovers this babydoll crawling toward her! This little baby is only $14.99. Santa hasn't purchased her yet, but she's on our list!

I wanted to feature this book for toddlers. Gretchen has the v-tech version, but she loves it! The batteries need to be replaced often, but only because she plays with it so much! This Fisher Price book is only $9.99
I'm all for educational/learning toys and if it's extra-girly then we want it! Gretchen has a Disney teaset, but I love that this one teaches shapes, and is puzzle-like- the little cakes are different shapes (circle, square, and triangle) and must be placed correctly on the plate, so it's great for fine motor skills!
Hopefully these will inspire you to get your Christmas shopping started or finished! Again, they can all be purchased at Target and they're all under $20.00; great finds if you are on a budget this year!








1 comment:

  1. What a great list! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete