DJ's mother always requests that we get a family picture while we are visiting. Her son and daughter live in the same town with their families, so they get to see her often. I must say that to DJ and I this is almost always a dreaded event- trying to coordinate AND to get the kids to cooperate, but this year, it went so well!Because she told me in advance, I was able to make sure that DJ and I had the required khaki and white, and I even packed something for Gretchen. However, we decided that all of the cousins, could wear something else. DJ and I went shopping earlier in the day and picked out the adorable green zebra that Gretchen is wearing. We also prepared by taking fruit snacks to bribe her with!
So, do you guys take family pictures? It seems this trip we've taken a lot of them.
Today is our last day with his mom, and then Gretchen and I will be headed back to visit my mom for another week! I'm hoping that DJ will survive the drive home and enjoy his week to himself!
good for you, elaine! the pic came out great! i can't imagine tim's family caring enough to want to include us in any "family pic." in fact, they throw a fit every time i take a photo. tim reminded them recently that no one had any pics of his sister when she passed (at 42) a few years ago and that they need to "suck-it-up" if they don't want their funeral to be void of any recent pics of them! LOL :-)
ReplyDelete