That's right, Gretchen is going to be a BIG SISTER!!! We're adding another little honey pie to our family!!!
Our due date is May 30th, which moved up a few days, from what we thought it would be (June 4th). Either way, the timing for our family is perfect! If all goes well, I won't have to take any maternity leave! So, as of today, we are 9 weeks and 4 days!
I had my first doctor's appointment yesterday- we've been waiting for this appointment just to make sure that everything was okay, before the big announcement. I met with the nurse practitioner in our office, and I loved her! She explained things to me (it has been a few years!) and didn't bug me about not getting a flu shot! We were able to pick up the baby's heartbeat, and heard a whopping 175 beats per minute!
I did decide to do the 1st trimester screening which tests for down syndrome, but mostly, because I'd love an early ultrasound of the baby! My next appointment with my OB will be the week of Thanksgiving!
DJ and I were thrilled to find out! It's taken us a few years to decide that we actually were ready to add to our family, and we're blessed that it didn't take long, and again, because of the timing. We had decided that if I didn't get pregnant in September, that we would try one more time, before waiting another year. Gretchen will be 3 years old, almost 3 and a half, by the time the baby gets here! And, I know she'll be a big help!
At this point, she doesn't have a preference for a brother or a sister- she changes her mind every time we ask! I know that DJ would prefer a boy, but I honestly don't have a preference- just a healthy baby!
As far as symptoms go: other than being tired all of the time, I haven't had really had any! I was very lucky with Gretchen as well, and I'm hoping to have that second trimester energy in just a few short weeks!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! SUPER AWESOME NEWS! :) Here's to a very uneventful pregnancy. Lots of hugs and good vibes your way.
ReplyDeleteCongrats... I am an older mom...my girls are 25, 22 and 12...but my first two are exactly 3 yrs (May 1 and 2) and it is the perfect spread.. especially when they hit the activity stage in school .. college costs etc!
ReplyDelete