The sequential screen is basically an ultrasound and blood draw, just to see if there is a possibility that the baby may have a genetic disorder. They measure the nasal bone, search for opening and closing hand of the hand, and look at the folds of the neck.
We honestly have the screening done, so we can have an early ultrasound, as it's not typical in my doctor's office to have one until the 20 week mark.
The baby's hearbeat was in the 170s, which was exactly where Gretchen's was at this point. If you look in the picture, you can see a hand and a leg.
I have my 13 week visit next Monday, and we should be able to hear the heartbeat again.
At this point, I had to purchase a few shirts in a size bigger, as I'm still too small for maternity clothes, but my regular shirts are getting a bit snug (plus, I'm a bit bored with the same clothes!) My bella band is coming in very handy, as I can no longer fit into my "fat" jeans, and my work pants, that were a size bigger, are also beginning to get snug. I actually broke down and wore maternity jeans twice this weekend, because the only other jeans that fit were dirty.
As far as morning sickness, I really haven't had any. Every once in a while I gag while brushing my teeth, but that's been it.
I've also gained 3 lbs so far, and i'm hoping that I won't gain the 50 that I gained when I was pregnant with Gretchen. I was able to drag myself to the gym, after being lazy for the last month, and I went 3.5 miles on the elliptical!
I've been craving fast food, but I decided that I needed to limit myself, and purchased tons of fruit at the grocery store last weekend! I also purchased fruit popsicles, which have come in handy, because I'm also craving very cold things!
I'm thankful that we're almost out of the 1st trimester, and excited to find out what we'll be having.... we should find out in January!
No comments:
Post a Comment