Monday, December 5, 2011

More Than Just the Girls....

It wasn't just the girls in Branson this year. DJ's aunt and uncle just so happened to have spent all of Thanksgiving week with their family and DJ's dad & step mom had decided to drive up on Saturday (they're only about 3 hours away) to spend the day with them on Saturday. So, it was a great opportunity for the girls & I to see more of DJ's family. We met for lunch on Saturday. They were so sweet to choose a restaurant close to the outlet mall I was at with the girls, so I would not have to get out in all that traffic! I promise, traffic at the mall was horrific enough!

MC enjoyed hanging out with her grandma Dee and with her pops.
And, G, decided to entertain us all with her super model poses.
I was so happy to meet another new member of the family- Mr. L. He was born late last February, or was it March? But, oh, he is just to precious and he's just proof that babies grow up entirely too fast!
We were able to get a quick picture of the cousins together, but next time, we won't be taking it in front of a window!
After lunch, we said good-bye, and the girls and I headed back shopping. And, later that afternoon, we were able to meet up with one of my college friends, who lives only an hour away from Branson, and her fiancé! They just got engaged a few weeks ago, and I'm so, so happy for her! It was so great to see her smiling face and to meet her future husband!

Once it got too cold to shop, and we had literally shopped until we were about to drop, we went back to the condo. We ordered pizza and celebrated my great-aunt's birthday! She had turned 70 years young in October!

And, for all of you guys who wonder what on Earth us girls do while we aren't with you....
We hang around and play cards.
We gossip.
We play with cute babies.
And cute little boys. This is Mr. C. He is my mom's best friends grandson (did y'all get that?) I'm super jealous of his blonde curly locks!
And, sometimes, one of us, dresses a little scantily clad.
My grandma is in her 70s, and she almost always pulls out at least 1 trick like this while she's away! She would die if she knew this were on the internet! Thank goodness, she has no idea how to get on here, and we'll just pray my momma won't show or tell her!
And, my three year old, convinces the grandma's (yes, they're grandma's) to dance to Tooty-tah!

No comments:

Post a Comment