Sunday, January 29, 2012

G Turns 4!

G turned 4 years old last Thursday. It was such a bittersweet day as I realize that she is just growing so much and becoming a fabulous little girl. DJ and I woke up a little early (at least for me) on Thursday morning and set up a little party for her. She had a birthday cinnamon roll on her special plate, and her party hat that she wore at her 1st birthday.
She typically wakes us up in the morning, so she was not to thrilled that we woke her up! But, this is her very first picture as a 4 year old!
Once she remembered that it was her birthday, she sat up in bed and was just so happy! We sang "Happy Birthday" to her.
For some reason, she jumped out of bed after we sang to her and went to her growth chart to see if she had grown overnight.
She blew out her 4 birthday candles as we sang "Happy Birthday" to her again.
We just gave her a birthday card and saved all of her gifts for her party. But, she loved her card because it sang the "Bippity boppity boo" song from Cinderella.

Sadly, Thursdays are my busy days at work, so I took the girls off to school and went about my day. G did take her birthday card to show all of her friends though.

I picked her up from school and took her to Krispy Kreme so she could pick out doughnuts for her class party that we would have on Friday. She was excited to watch the doughnuts being made and picked out chocolate with sprinkles.

We were in the car at 3:55 CST, and I realized that it was 4:55 eastern time; the time that she was born. It made me sad to realize that it had been 4 years and 1 minute that she was born, and all of the emotions from her birth just flooded back to me. It's not only celebrating her birthday, but celebrating the day that I become a mom, that we became parents, and that our lives would be forever changed.

We headed to pick up MC and went home until DJ got off work, then we took her to her favorite restaurant for a birthday dinner.
We went to Olive Garden, and she had to wear her party hat! She was thrilled to enjoy their breadsticks!
Here's G with her daddy at OG.
And G and I together.
And G with MC. I love how she loves her.
After dinner, we went to Cherry Berry and got G birthday yogurt. She insisted on sitting in their red cherry chairs!

It was such a fun day to celebrate with just the three of us. She was so happy to be 4. She was so happy to play with her friends at school and show them her card and it was such a special treat for us to take her out to eat and to get ice cream. I love making these memories with the girls, and I hope that they'll remember these memories that we're making.

Happy Birthday G!

No comments:

Post a Comment