This weekend has been jam packed full of crazy fun! I don't think we could have packed anything more into our weekend if we tried! I need another day off just to recover. For reals.
Sometimes I like to pretend our weekend starts on Thursday! Addy Pearl wanted lots of mommy cuddles when we got home and she was happy as can be occupying our time with selfies.
Friday was crazy busy at work. With me missing two days last week, I had a lot of catching up to do! DJ's mom came in to town and had lunch with Gretchen and we couldn't wait to get home to start the weekend!
The girls made pizzas on Friday while we waited for Aunt Nessa and cousins to arrive!
Megan piled her pizza high, while Gretchen opted for a more artistic approach.
We hung out Friday night and the girls stayed up way too late playing with their cousin.
We got up Saturday morning and ate homemade pancakes and all got ready for an afternoon of fun. I thought it took a while to get 5 of us out of the house, but it took forever to get 10 of us ready!
We decided that we would burn some energy at Sky Zone.
The 5 of us in our fancy Sky Zone socks ready to jump!
The Welte's had a blast and I told DJ that we will definitely be taking the girls back! I wasn't too sure how Megan would do, but she LOVED the trampolines. Gretchen and Megan even played dodge ball and Megan even got a bigger kid out!
Addy loved running through the toddler area.
The girls loved jumping into the foam.
I kind of wish I would have!
All of the pics I took are crazy blurry since the girls were not still at all!
We can't wait to go back!
After bouncing out energy, we over stuffed ourselves at Los Cabos!
The girls love having the clown make them balloons. Megan chose Belle.
Gretchen chose a unicorn, and DJ had fun playing with the balloons.
Mommy Meggie selfie!
We came home and watched Annie. The girls hadn't see it yet, and we got it for Christmas. I love singing along to the movie! I think we'll be watching a lot of it!
DJ made chili and after dinner, the girls got baths, and they watched Chip & Dale on Nana's computer.
We all stayed up late and watched Pitch Perfect. I can't wait for Pitch Perfect 2 to come out this spring! Are you guys as crazy for that movie as I am?
I spent some time making bows and headbands on Saturday afternoon, and my sis in law decided that she had to have this one for Emmie! For reals, it's precious.
Sunday morning, the Weltes officially made Tulsa our home by joining our church. We have been attending our church for three years, but due to DJ's job, and us always feeling like we will never stay put, we never made it a priority to join. We talked about it several times over the last year, and finally in Decmeber- the week that our world was shook up by the coaching staff getting fired, I looked at DJ and told him that we'd be joining church.
We went to the membership luncheon the next week and two days later, we found out that DJ still had a job at TU and that we'd be in Tulsa for at least another year. It was time to officially join a church as a family.
We had a meeting with a pastor right before Christmas and today was our day to join. We took all of the girls into the service with us, and despite Megan laying under the pew, the girls taking off their shoes, and Gretchen making up her own words to the songs, we made it through the service and joined.
Our main pastor was so sweet, as he gave the girls a new children's Bible. I can't wait to read it to them!
Since the girls did so good during church, DJ took us all to get ice cream!
Megan chose pink ice cream with sprinkles.
I got Adalyn her first ice cream, and she had vanilla with sprinkles. Spoons are for big people. She insisted on using her fingers.
I think she would've taken all afternoon to eat her ice cream. We cut her off and she was NOT happy about it!
I feel the same way AP. Don't take away my ice cream! I will cut you.
Sunday afternoon was spent working on a homework project for Gretchen, Nana did our laundry, and I worked on a birthday shirt.
That afternoon DJ, Nana, and I headed out to see Garth Brooks in Tulsa.
Garth was crazy amazing. I hadn't been to a concert since college, and he did not disappoint.
There were encores after encore, and Trisha came out to see several songs from my jr high and high school days. Oh the memories.
It was a late night and I'd love to do it all over again! I could go on and on about how amazing Garth was (and Trisha), I loved watching them sing together and Garth interact with his hometown fans! If you have a chance to go to his concert- Go! Run- by your tickets.
Such a fun and crazy weekend! Here's to a great week coming up!






















No comments:
Post a Comment