Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Silver Dollar City

 This past weekend, DJ and I loaded up the girls and we headed to Branson! We met my brother, sister in law, and niece for a weekend of fun! 

My mom had bought them family memberships and this past weekend was one of the weekends, that guests could tag along for free! I'm so glad they asked us to go!
The girls were up bright and early Saturday morning, which means that we got to the park as soon as it opened!

We parked, and rode the tram into the park. 
Then we snapped a few pictures. 
It's a tradition to have your picture made here at the big SDC sign!
These girls were ready for some rides!

When we got into the park, we headed left. I had read that everyone heads toward the right in Disney World, so I figured that everyone heads to the right at SDC too. It worked out perfectly, because we were the first people to ride Fire in the Hole, and then DJ and my brother rode another roller coaster.

Afterwards, we headed off to the kiddie area. 
SDC has a brand new kid area devoted to firemen. Our first stop was the hot air balloon ride. 
Then G and I rode the "fire truck".
Addy Pearl loved hanging out with her Uncle Matt.

It started to rain, so we headed to an indoor play area and had tons of fun playing with the balls. 
Once you go in, you grab a bag and fill it with these balls, then you can head up or stay downstairs to shoot them through the guns. Balls were flying everywhere!
Once Megan went upstairs, she was a big girl shooting the guns herself. She loaded them and shot them and when another girl came over to try to take over, she got all defensive! It was quite funny!
Addy Pearl loved playing too!

Once the rain subsided, we went back outside for more rides!
First, they hit up the dalmatian puppy ride. 
Then the girls rode the swings. 
I'm quite surprised that Megan wanted to ride these by herself! She did great!
Finally, the girls did the ladder climb. 
It went way up in the sky! Megan was terrified! I wish you could've seen the look on her face- she started biting the bar in front of her and kept looking at the lady riding with them like what is going on with this thing!

It was finally lunch time, so we settled in with some BBQ. Afterwards, we found a new Huckleberry Finn ride and saw everyone walking off soaking wet! We figured that they only got wet because they shot themselves with their own water guns on their boat, and told ourselves that we wouldn't get that wet, because we wouldn't shoot each other. Well, we had NO idea that there would be people standing along the course of the ride with their own water guns and they would be taking aim right at us! We were drenched by the time we got off that ride!

Thankfully, we dried rather quickly and checked out Grandfather's Mansion and then rode the train. I absolutely love that most of SDC is just like I remember from when I was growing up!
After the train, we rode through the sunken mine and then grabbed ice cream!

We headed over to the World's Fair Exhibit and rode a roller coaster, their "dumbo" ride, and the pirate ship. I had not remembered that the pirate ship, made my stomach turn so much, and poor Megan was freaked the entire time! She screamed, and turned toward me, tried to bite me, and I was getting more and more nauseous! I finally told her to bite the bar in front of her, and we made it through the ride without throwing up or teeth marks.

By that point, I was done with the rides, so I sat with Megan and Adalyn while everyone went through the rapids and came out soaked, so we thought it was the perfect time to head to the splash pad!
DJ and my brother left and rode one more roller coaster, and my sister in law and I hung out with the girls. 
They were soaked and having a blast!
These girls started striking the best poses!
Adalyn LOVED the splash pad! I can't wait to take her more this summer!

DJ and I went and rode a roller coaster and then we went on the rapids again and finally called it a day! We were there from when the park opened to when it closed and had the best time! 

It was the perfect little weekend getaway!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh! We love love love SDC! We go mulitple times a year!! It is so fun isn't it? We always go to the left but more because we don't want to walk up that MASSIVE hill - we would rather walk down it! ha! Glad you guys had such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun! We love SDC too! I'm excited to know that they changed up the kids area. It was always fun, but it looks even better now. Hopefully, we can make it there this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been there since you were a kid.

    ReplyDelete