Monday, May 18, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up: Branson Edition

This weekend was a blast! After DJ being gone all last week, we definitely needed some time away! 

Our weekend started EARLY! I left work Thursday around lunch because I had to run over to another elementary to visit the SLP there. I figured I would grab lunch, visit the SLP and then get back to my school to finish out the afternoon. About 10 minutes after I left school, the little girls daycare called to let me know that Adalyn threw up. I was stuck in a jam since DJ was out of town, and I knew that the other two people that I might be able to ask, were both working on Thursday. So I called my principal, figured out how we would work the afternoon meeting that I had, and then I picked up Adalyn and Megan from school. We ran over to the other school to visit the SLP quickly, and then went to pick up Gretchen and a file that I needed for my afternoon meeting. The girls and I headed home and I put Adalyn down for a nap. 
While she was sleeping, the big girls played upstairs and I cleaned out my closet. This is all that's left! I swear I got rid of half of my clothes! Our upcoming move is making me purge, and I'm tired of seeing clothes in my closet that I NEVER wear! So, out they went. 
Adalyn woke up from her nap and was all smiles. I gave her a snack, we cuddled, and then I had my conference call since I had to come home from work. 

At some point, between my conference call, cleaning out Megan's drawers and packing for our weekend trip, Adalyn did this:
Not only was it on her belly, but it was on her hand too, and later that evening, I found out that it was on my couch.
Friday morning, I got the girls up and ready to take Gretchen to school. I had to keep Adalyn home, since she had thrown up at school the day before (they have to be well for 24 hours before they can return) and I figured that I might as well keep Megan home with me too.

DJ's flight landed around 3, and he picked Gretchen up from school. 
The little girls helped me pack and work on laundry on our day off. 

Addy's shirt says, "I'm not allowed to date EVER!" I found it from Mudpies & Pearls and had to have it! I really wanted the shirt for Gretchen, since she has a "boyfriend" but it didn't come big enough. 

Once DJ and Gretchen got home, we hit the road to Branson!
My plan was to do this most of the way. After a week of being a "single" parent, I thought I deserved a nap! (Especially because I had stayed up until close to midnight working on orders the night before!)
We arrived at the condo, and I went to the grocery store (alone!) and then my brother, his wife, and my niece arrived. They gave Megan her birthday present (I cannot believe she is turning 4 on Sunday!)
She loved her Doc book and toys! 
We let the girls stay up and play (it was after 10 at this point!) and I found them on the patio watching the ipad. 

Saturday morning, the girls were up bright and EARLY and we headed out to Silver Dollar City!
It was so much fun hanging out with my brother!
We had the BEST day! I'll be posting more about our SDC day later on this week.
After we spent the entire day at SDC, we went to Falls Creek for dinner. The girls were cranky and tired and were a hot mess, and I was terrified for the older couples that were seated next to us. Thankfully, one of the men was a great sport! He talked to Adalyn and gave her $5.00 and told her that I could buy her candy with it if she ate all of her dinner. It was so sweet of him and I was so thankful for these angels who put up with our craziness. 

We put the girls to bed EARLY and on Sunday, we got up and ready to leave. We had to clean up the condo, and then we went down to Branson Landing.
Again, Addy was a hot mess at lunch, so we got up and walked around a bit, and then my sister in law took her so I could eat and then once her food arrived, she was much better! Home girl was tired, but was all smiles after she ate!
This weekend was the best! We definitely needed a quick trip away!

Hope yours was great too!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time! Missed you at Shelby's graduation.

    ReplyDelete