What a weekend! I don't know about you, but this three day weekend did me in. It didn't help that my big girls have been out of school since Wednesday, and they have had 5 days off! They spent last Thursday and Friday with a babysitter, who apparently, fed them crack, because they ended up needing some major attitude adjustments over the weekend. Y'all, it was a tough one!
Maybe it wasn't the babysitters, maybe it's just their ages and stages, maybe it's because DJ is home less (thank you football season), or maybe I was just hormonal. It very well could be a mix of everything, but needless to say, I am so thankful that we are all heading back to school today and getting back in to our routine!
After my professional development on Friday, I came straight home to pay our babysitter and pick up the big girls. We got the car washed, went to Wal-Mart, and then we picked up Adalyn. We came home and I unloaded groceries while Megan read a book to Adalyn.
I mean, this was just too precious.
Gretchen has decided that she wants to learn cursive. I printed her out some tracing sheets and let her practice.
Since DJ was at the team hotel for meetings, we had a girls night. And honestly, we didn't do much.
The little girls took a bath, I mean, how funny does Meggie look?!
And then I read Addy her book and tucked her in to bed.
Once they were all tucked in, I poured myself a glass of wine, ran a bath, and read a book in the tub. It was pure bliss.
The next day, DJ was out the door before I was awake, and the next thing I knew, my big girls were making me breakfast in the kitchen. I know, you're thinking it's so sweet of them. And yes, but it's awfully scary too! I shutter at the thought of the mess they could be making while trying to be super sweet and helpful.
They appeared in my bedroom with this:
A tray full of yumminess. Well, some of it! They made me oatmeal, cereal w/ strawberries, raisins, pumpkin toast, and brought me a Kind bar, and a glass of water. I did eat the strawberries and the oatmeal, but I prefer milk in my cereal and milk to drink. Thankfully, they helped me with the raisins and the toast.
It really was a sweet moment and my kitchen wasn't too destroyed in the process!
Later that morning the girls helped me make rice krispy treats for our tailgate.
Gretchen has this thing about not opening her eyes fully in pictures.
And Adalyn helped me with some cleaning!
After lunch, we loaded up and headed to the first TU game of the season.
I can't for the life of me get a decent picture of all the girls at the same time! But, aren't their shirts cute!
We love sporting our team colors!
And, then I got pulled over for going 47 in a 30. And, no I didn't snap this picture until we were parked at the stadium and I laughed because Megan slept through me getting pulled over, and Adalyn was passed out too. The game was right at 2:30 which was nap time and I let the girls skip their naps at home because we'd be late if I let them nap..... anyway, we had just left the house, and heading north from our house is the interstate and it's all pastures. I had just crossed the last 4 way stop where the speed limit had been 50 and all of a sudden, it turns to 30. I had obviously never noticed the vast drop in speed, and a police officer pulled me over to let me know I was speeding and getting a warning ticket. I then had to pray that I had my drivers license because I had just changed my purse. And, after living in Oklahoma for a few years, I still have an Indiana drivers license. I swear, every time I've had a new drivers license made we move. So, I don't change it until it expires (which, is next summer.) I then had to explain to the officer that I don't live in Indiana, and he asked if my address on my plates were correct. Well, I didn't know that either since we just bought a house and moved! I'm super thankful that he had already let me know he was giving me a warning ticket because that was all a mess to explain! And yes, I threw out the "my husband is a coach, and we're heading to the game, and we've just moved" and so on!
We finally made it to the game and the girls and I headed straight for the bounce houses.
After they played for a while, we headed in to the stadium to get settled in the suite. We dropped off the stroller at DJ's office, grabbed the toy bag, and the snack bag and headed on up.
I was all settled in, right by the window when the guys ran out on the field.
Megan was super interested in the game. Except, she wanted the other team to win. And then she wanted number 9 to win, and then the coach to win. So, I had to explain football in 4 year old terms. The other team is the "bad guys", we are the "good guys". We want the good guys to win. The good guys and bad guys take turns trying to get the ball in to the blue (endzone) and that's when they score.
Eventually, she got it and told everyone that came in to the suite, that she wanted the good guys to win and she was cheering for the good guys!
Gretchen Rose is entering football season number 8, and I can tell you the girl probably knows nothing about football!
Megan was not thrilled about taking a picture with me!
Each year, I pack a bag of toys and I leave them in DJ's office. They have crayons, coloring books, activity books, baby dolls, etc. and then we take two ipads. The girls entertain themselves and play with the other staff kids while I watch the game up front. We are in a locked suite and there's always staff around which helps so much!
I also take a bag of snacks, juice boxes, and a bag of popcorn so we're not always spending money on concessions. However, we missed the snowcones at the fall scrimmage, and I promised the girls they could have one after half time. Once the 3rd quarter started, we ventured out and got snow cones for each of the girls. Unfortunately, giving a red snow cone to a 2 year old wasn't the best idea. She ended up dripping red juice all over her brand new shirt, so we went down stairs and improvised with one of DJ's shirts hanging up in his office. Which now reminds me that I need to keep a change of clothes in his office for each of the girls.
I put DJ's shirt on Adalyn, tied it up, and she still managed to get it of and down around her waist. She thought she was so clever!
What a nut! Our suite sits right above the endzone, and the game was on t.v. Every so often, we've been on t.v. when a field goal is kicked, and I knew that my child would be the shirtless one in the suites! After I snapped the picture I quickly put her arms back in her shirt.
All better! By the end of the 4th quarter she was getting all cuddly and the game was getting more exciting!
Tulsa ended up winning in overtime! The exact same way we started our season last year! It was so nerve wracking and part of me would prefer to watch easy games where I know we are going to win! I can't take the stress!
Our boys played hard and deserved this win! I love watching them celebrate on the field!
Once the game was over, we cleaned up our mess in the suite and headed down to DJ's office.
Addy was super excited to see her daddy. She wouldn't let him put her down.
Our 11th season together!
Gretchen wanted one more picture and DJ had to give her bunny ears.
And then Addy was ready to go!
DJ walked us out to the car, and by the time we got home, 2 out of the 3 girls were asleep. I put Adalyn straight to bed, gave the big girls a cheese stick and sent them to bed too.
Sunday morning, the girls and I were up and ready for church. DJ didn't get home until 1:30 am so he stayed home and slept late and then cut the grass.
Gretchen insisted on having her picture taken by the display at church. Apparently, they learned about taking initiative, and I wish that she would have brought that initiative home to help out more!
And they all wanted a photo by the pet shop, but no one wanted to look.
We made it home from church, grabbed a quick lunch, put Addy down for her nap, and I tried my best to get the big girls to nap, while I worked on sewing orders.
Here's a little sneak peak at a Ms. Mouse ghost on a pair of pj's. The family is heading out to Disney to celebrate at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party and ordered Halloween pj's for the kids!
I had to wake Adalyn up from her nap because we had to head back to football for dinner with the team, coaches, and families. We had to have a come to Jesus meeting with Gretchen so the first half of her dinner wasn't too fabulous, and then after she ate, she was able to play, and I was just glad to be enjoying some DJ time and I didn't snap any pictures.
We made it home and I let the girls watch a movie before they had to go to bed.
Adalyn thought it would be a great time to give Bailey some kisses.
I love this little loon!
We cuddled lots before bed time!
Labor day morning rolled around, and I did some laundry before the girls and I headed to the pool one more time.
I was determined to soak up some sun, while the girls were determined to snack and eat.
They barely swam. To be fair, the water was frigid, and they much preferred laying around and eating snacks.
Just chilling with her veggie straws.
We made it home and Adalyn took a nap, while the big girls ate a light lunch. I turned on a movie, and I fell asleep on the sofa, and then we spent the rest of the afternoon, playing outside (where Gretchen had a major wipe out on her scooter), making dinner, preparing for lunches, and do laundry. You know, all the stuff that we had to do to get ready for the crazy week ahead of us!
Whew! If you made it through all of that kudos to you! Come back tomorrow for some more randomness! Have a great day friends!
































No comments:
Post a Comment