Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend WrapUp: TU vs. OU

As usual, our weekend started out on Friday morning. I know, technically since I'm a working mom, our weekends don't start on Friday morning, but rather as soon as I get off work Friday afternoons. But, this Friday, I took the day off! Adalyn's daycare was closed for professional development, and since my mom was out of town, and any of our usual babysitters would be in school or at work, I knew I'd have to use a personal day. 

I didn't mind at all, in fact, I was looking forward to having a day with my youngest. Our morning started out pretty typical. I did sleep a little late, got up, and got the big girls dressed since DJ was taking them to school. Adalyn woke up around 7:30, and we got her dressed and ready. Addy and I planned on running errands most of the day. Unfortunately, Adalyn was NOT happy that she didn't get to leave with her daddy and sisters. 
DJ always takes her to daycare, so she was really confused and not happy at all that she was staying home with me. 

I'm not even kidding, she cried for at least 30 minutes. DJ called to let me know that Gretchen forgot her tennis shoes for gym, and since I wasn't getting any cleaning up around the house accomplished, thanks to Adalyn's tears, we headed out to school to drop Gretchen's shoes off. 

Once we got there, I called Gretchen down to my office, and her teacher let me know she had been crying. It turns out, she was sad that I wasn't at school with her, and she was upset that she forgot her shoes, and she ended up forgetting to eat breakfast. So, I calmed her down, gave her her shoes, and gave her a protein bar that I had stashed in my desk drawer. 

#girlsarefullofdrama

Addy and I left school and headed to the car dealership to get my oil changed. DJ met us there and picked us up so we wouldn't have to wait around forever. We dropped DJ off at football, and then Addy and I went to run errands. 

We went to Ulta, where her terrible 2 phase continued. By the time we left, she was (and I was) in tears.
We were having a rough morning! I know it's because she was out of her routine, she wanted her daddy, and she couldn't put on every shade of lipstick Ulta had to offer. Plus, I was trying to make her potty often since she was in undies. 

Thankfully, my car was finished up just in time for lunch, so we picked up DJ, went to the dealership, picked up my car, and then Addy and I headed to Qdoba for lunch. After lunch we headed to Carter's, JoAnns, and then on to Target. 
When we got to Target she was sound asleep. I sat in the car for about 20 minutes and then I knew I had to wake her up. 

By the time we got home, I had less than an hour to unload our goodies, before we had to go pick up the big girls from school. 

Once I got them picked up, it was game on crazy. We went to the grocery store, I ordered pizza, I took a quick shower, and I waited on our sitters to arrive. 

I finally left around 7 Friday night and headed to Oklahoma City to meet DJ at the team hotel. About 20 minutes in to the drive, I was caught in a major rain/thunderstorm, and contemplated pulling over and waiting it out. 

I made it to OKC around 9:15, and after a quick glass of wine at the hotel bar, it was time for bed. 

Saturday morning came bright and early. DJ had to leave the hotel by 7, and I had to be ready and downstairs by 8 to leave with the team for the game. 
I totally overpacked, but the weather Saturday was going to be tricky. There was a chance of rain, temps in the 70s, and when I was rushing to pack on Friday night, I didn't have time to really think about what I wanted to wear, so I threw about 3 tops in my bag. I ended up going with my bling TU t-shirt, and a blue TU bling cardigan. 

#blingmakesfootballmorefun

After getting dressed, I headed down to the lobby, and ate a ginormous cinnamon roll before loading the team bus.

We arrived at the stadium close to 9- maybe? I wasn't keeping track of the time....

I had to wait at will call to get my tickets, and once I did, DJ and I met up and he took me in to the press box. 
Here's the stadium from way up high. 
We took a quick picture before I headed back down to the bleachers. 
Life is crazy, but I love our crazy life! We've been through 11 football seasons together, and it's been the best time!
DJ walked me down and we headed out to the field to watch the players warming up.
That's the OU quarterback warming up. 
DJ took this picture of the stadium filled up. There were over 85,000 people there. I have to say, the game was AMAZING! Our boys played great. They played hard. They fought hard. We scored two touchdowns in 14 seconds, and I had hopes of us pulling out a win. 
We invited our friends to come to the game and I sent Gretchen a picture of myself with her BFF. 

After the game, DJ and I drove back to Tulsa. 
I drove while he worked on game film. 

The girls were super thrilled when I walked in the door, and it made the craziness from the day before go away. 

Sunday was pretty uneventful. We cleaned the house, did laundry.... DJ didn't have to work, so he took the girls for ice cream. And we actually had a family dinner together!

We're looking forward to another busy week and thankfully we have a bye-weekend, so we have hopes that DJ will get to spend some time with us on Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. You look adorable all dressed for the game ! And yup girls are full of the drama! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the two's can be so much fun and so hard at the same time. I had quite a few friends go to the big game this weekend. My friend, who is a huge TU fan, was elated at how well they played on Saturday. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit! And super cute booties :)

    ReplyDelete