Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Only My Meggie

Last week, I decided that I wanted to document the girls, one by one, over the next three weeks. This week, it's all about our middle child! And, boy, does she already hate being in the middle!
Megan, or Meggie, is a ham.
 
The girl loves to have fun, but she's also shy and reserved. She has the craziest personality in that you never know what mood she'll be in. She's definitely a spitfire.
 
She loves to dress up. This summer, she wore a leotard or dress up every single day. On Saturday mornings, she often dressed before we wake up- either in an ensemble that she has picked out herself or in a dress up outfit.
 
She will change clothes at least 5 times a day when we're home. We often have to tell her that she's not allowed to change clothes again for the rest of the day. We're constantly cleaning her closet, putting her clothes back on hangers, shoes away, or stuffing clothes back in drawers.
 
She's definitely opinionated about what she wears. I've tried to have her help me pick out outfits for the week, and then I hang them in her room so they're ready to go for school mornings.  4 out of 5 days she's wearing something else that wasn't picked out for her.
 
She always insists on wearing socks with her shoes.
 
She'd rather wear pants or leggings.
 
She loves to wear long sleeves, jackets, or a hoodie.
 
This girl is always cold.
She loves to jump around on the couch. She jumps over the couch, on the couch, throws the pillows off, and then does it all again.
She also LOVES to draw and write! I'm amazed at how much her drawing has improved. She draws people with a face, eyes, mouth, nose, hair, body, arms, legs, and the funniest looking hands and feet with fingers and toes!
 
She also loves to write her letters. In fact, she found a magnetic board that we have, and she stays up after we tuck her in practicing her letters.
She loves school! In fact, I'm so surprised at how much she loves school! Last year in preschool she flourished, and she's growing more and more every day this year.
 
Her favorite centers are the writing center, home living, books, and the "trash" center. Her teacher is doing a recylcing unit, and the kids can create treasures out of recyclables. Megan has brought home many water bottles filled with rice, water bottles filled with colored water and beads, and even boxes filled with rice and then taped shut. In fact, I asked her teacher if she wanted the rice back because I felt guilty throwing it all away! Like, it was getting to the point where we could not keep any more of her treasures because there have been so many created and brought home!
She's a mommy. She's always loved to help around the house and she loves her baby dolls. She'll read to Adalyn, help unload the dishwasher, and she still loves our play kitchen and her baby dolls.
She's learning the game of football like a champ! We talk about the "good guys" (Tulsa) and the "bad guys" (the other team). I've taught her how they take turns trying to score, how many chances each team gets before it's the other team's turn, and we've talked about the officials. She asked if they were policemen.
She falls asleep almost every day after school. I have to try to keep her awake or she is so grouchy when we make it home.
She loves to play outside. She loves to ride her bike, and she loves driving her car.
 
I asked her what she wanted for Christmas, and she told me a "ride on thing". For the longest time, I thought she was saying a "write on" thing, and then I realized she wants another battery operated car! I think she's wanting a Doc Mobile that you can actually ride on, so if you find one, can you help a friend out, and send me the link!
 
She still loves Doc McStuffins, but she's also in to Sofia and Miles from Tomorrowland.  
This girl has my heart. She is full of life and spirit, and yet she loves to be held and cuddled, and loves her sisters. She wants to be big enough to play with Gretchen all of the time, and she wants to mother Adalyn too. The other day she helped Adalyn go potty, and then she proudly exclaimed that she wiped Addy's bottom for her!
 
She hates being the "middle" child.... if i'm doing laundry, and her stack is in the middle, she complains and says, "I'm not the middlest!"
 
I'm thankful God gave us Megan! She definitely keeps us on our toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment