Hey, Hey Friends..... and Friday! So glad to see you both!!! I'm linking up today with Andrea, Erika, and Narci for Friday Favorites!
I've been a little blogging MIA this week, because we've been doing this:
Last Friday, we left town and headed to Arkansas to visit DJ's family. It was his niece's birthday, and Father's day, so it was a good weekend to visit! We actually weren't planning on heading down to the lake until some time in July, but our mini-trips had to be moved around due to a wedding and DJ's work schedule. Lake time and family time is our FAVORITE! I'll be recapping our trip next week!
Have you guys read about this heart touching story on Facebook? Last weekend, I read a shared post from a guy named Matt White. He lives in Memphis, and he was picking up groceries when Chauncy came up to him and asked if he could carry Matt's groceries to his car in exchange for a box of doughnuts. Matt said yes, and as he was talking to Chauncey, he realized that Chauncy had no food in his house. (He had taken the bus to the "rich" Kroger, in hopes of getting some doughnuts) So, he took Chauncy back to the grocery store and bought him and his mother a ton of groceries, and then drove Chauncy home so he wouldn't have to take the bus again. As he got to know Chauncy better, he learned that Chancy was a straight A student, and he just wanted to get a job this summer to help his mother pay the rent. They had also been robbed a few weeks ago and were sleeping on the floor. Matt reached out to his Facebook friends and set up a go-fund-me account in order to buy Chauncy a lawn mower so he could mow lawns this summer and make some money. That go-fund-me account, is now over $42,000.00!!!!!!! After the sadness that came out of Orlando last week, this was just the story I needed to read in order to lift my spirits that there is still SO MUCH good in the world.
Once we arrived homed yesterday, I headed to Target (my favorite place) as soon as the girls went to bed. I found this pillow on sale for $6.00 and had to grab it! I'll have to share a pic of it today, because it was too dark in my house last night! But, I also found these cute patriotic pillows that I had to share!
And, then I found two of these poofs that are on clearance. I've been eyeing them since April, and they're finally marked down, but I'm not 100% sure I actually need them. My mom said they weren't her style, but I think they'd be fun in the living room.... but they could also cause an argument between the girls because I only want two, and then I wonder if they'll have dog hair attached to them, and I won't love them as much s I love the idea of them..... what do you think?
So, I've recently joined snapchat (@ElaineWelte) and I love being able to follow people, watch their little video snaps, and see pics, but I have not gotten up the courage to snap myself! I mean, what gives?! Plus, it's a little hard to figure everything out.... so, if you're on Snapchat, leave me your handle in a comment below, because I'd love to follow you and maybe I'll start snapping soon!
So, that's it for Friday Favorites!!! Next week, I've got some catching up to do with our summer fun from the week before our vacation, and then I'll be recapping our lake trip, and sharing some 4th of July inspiration!!!! I hope you'll come back and visit!!!







You have to try the filters on snapchat selfies! My kiddos & I are obsessed to say the least! :) (britthensley)
ReplyDelete