In a few weeks, DJ, the girls, and I are heading to ........
Dallas!
We knew we wanted to take a little trip somewhere, and Dallas is close to home and DJ's uncle lives right outside of Dallas! I had originally thought we'd make it to St. Louis this summer, but that wasn't going to work out.
DJ and I have both been to Dallas on several occasions, but mostly it was for football games. So, we haven't really had the chance to explore Dallas for what it truly is!
We're only going to be there for 2 1/2- maybe three days (we'll see if I can talk him in to longer!) So, I need your help! What should we do and see while we're there?
I have a few ideas of my own, but obviously since our time will be short, we'll need to really plan our time wisely, so give it to me straight- what should we do and what should we omit?
Here's what I was thinking:
~ Lunch at In & Out
~ American Girl Doll Store
~ The Perot Museum
~ Ikea (I really don't have anything that needs to be bought from Ikea, but I'm not sure if I can turn it down since we'll be so close!)
~ German Village- Okay, so I'm not very familiar with this one, but I've heard there's a little town that either is or replicated like a little German Village. Anyway, my mother was saying that my grandmother had been and it sounds super quaint and cute, so I'd love to make it if it's close. Can anyone help me out on this?
~ And DJ's list includes a water park, which I think is silly since we have water parks in Tulsa!
~ Gretchen's list would probably include George Bush's Presidential Library
~ And DJ mentioned taking Gretchen to the spot where Kennedy was assassinated.
So, help us out- what should we add to our list?

I love the Dallas Zoo or Fossil Rim (wildlife reserve) could be fun too!
ReplyDeleteFor a waterparkid, there are several. Some up close to Frisco. There's also the Gaylord I think has parks inside and usually an exhibit to explore. The exhibit during winter is cool ice sculptures but I haven't been during the summer.
I'm sure there's a game or two possible as well for baseball 😉
Dallas Zoo is great and I believe there is a Firefighter Museum north of Dallas
ReplyDelete