Monday, February 6, 2017

Mad for Monday: Valentine's Edition

So, who is trying to recover from the Super Bowl? 

DJ and I didn't have company over and we opted to just stay at home, but we made a cheese ball, a  huge pot of gumbo, chocolate chip cookies, and we ate until our tummy's were well past full and watched the Super Bowl together. And, can I just say... how much did you love Lady Gaga's performance last night? I mean, she totally won that Super Bowl. 

So, today, I'm sharing what I'm Mad for right now.... and since we're so close to Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share a few things I'm going mad for! 

This weekend, I broke out the Valentine Day decorations and got the house ready for the holiday! 
I pulled out lots of pink and red for our dining room table. 
Pink chevron fabric made a perfect little table runner, and I set out our red chargers so we could use those rather than placemats. I have an obsession with paper straws, and added those to our dining table as well. Several years ago, I threw my sister in law a baby shower and made these little burlap-wraped jars, which worked perfect for our straws. And while I don't burn candles anymore, I still have a few for decorations. 
Our Bible verse for the month is all about love.... Yesterday, Gretchen asked "So, we love others because Jesus loved us first? And without Jesus we wouldn't love each other?" Yes ma'am. 
And how cute are these little envelopes? I found these at Target for like $3.00 several weeks ago, and this weekend, I broke out my embroidery machine and added the girls monogram to each one. I added some ribbon and tied them to their dining room chairs, and I thought it would be fun to sneak a little surprise in to them every once in a while. 
I was going to surprise the girls with them, but since I am never not around my kids, there wasn't a good time to get them monogrammed without them knowing! So, I let each of the girls pick out their thread color and ribbon color. 
How cute are these little magnetic pads from the Dollar Spot at Target? I'm totally mad for Target's Dollar Spot. 
And over on our little nook, I added a fun fabric banner, canvas' that the girls made last year, and some cute little paper plates. 
I mean, aren't these just the cutest?
Last year, I gave the girls a canvas, and let them have at it, and they created a cute little Valentine's canvas. 
I made the banner for Megan's 1st birthday party, and it just so happens to work perfectly for Valentine's day! 
And then I added this little heart "wreath" to our pantry door. 

And, if you're looking for a few little Valentine's gifts, I have a few ideas for you!
This cute little mug would be adorable for your child's teachers....especially if you fill it with their favorite candy! 
A trinket dish is a perfect gift for a co-worker! 
I added a chevron pillow to our sofa, but I'm eyeing this one too! 

This year, I plan on throwing the girls a little Valentine's day breakfast. I picked up new heart shaped plates for each of them, and will probably just make it easy with yummy doughnuts, fruits, and other Valentine themed food.

And, if you're looking at some Valentine's day inspiration, check out my Pinterest board:



No comments:

Post a Comment