So, I had big plans to blog on Monday, and then that didn't happen. So, I thought I'd blog on Tuesday, and that didn't happen either..... It's Wednesday, and this is the only post I'm writing this week!
Yesterday, started our weeks of travel. I'm off to Salt Lake City, in fact, I'm here today and heading to gorgeous lavender farms in just a bit! And DJ and the girls are heading to the lake later on this week! Eventually, we will all be back home for a few days and then we're off to Disney World, so my blogging will be pretty sparse coming up! I'm just going to try and make it work and squeeze it in over the next few weeks!
Today, i'm recapping a little big of our life lately...
Last Friday, we drove halfway and dropped off my cousin who had been staying with us for the week. He's heading to TU this fall and working with DJ in the football video office, so he came up to work the high school football camps. We took him home Friday, and stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way. Their flowers were gorgeous! I loved the pops of pink!
Saturday, I got out the 4th of July decorations! I don't have a ton, but just a few little touches were necessary for a festive touch.
Saturday afternoon, I took Gretchen to Target so she could spend some money that had been burning a hole in her piggy bank ;) She picked out a little robotic dog and an activity tracker. She is finally learning how difficult it is to get 10,000 steps a day!
Our neighborhood had a block party on Saturday night. So we loaded up our picnic blanket, drinks, and a side item and headed to the park.
A fire truck came and opened the fire hydrant for the kids! We forgot that it was going to be there, so we just let the girls play in their clothes. And they had a ball.
Adalyn wasn't in to the water, so she sat out with me.
We made sure to sit far back so we wouldn't get sprayed!
Sunday morning, the little girls took their weekly picture with John Wesley. DJ had another football camp, so he worked all of Sunday while the girls and I went to church, the gym, and I worked on some laundry and house cleaning.
Monday morning, we were off to the library. Each of the girls returned the books they had checked out the week before and then picked out new books. They love being able to check them out themselves.
Gretchen has decided that she's too big to have her picture taken with her little sisters! She just sits back and waits for the little girls.
After the library, we went to the gym, and then came home for lunch before heading to the pool.
On Monday, I should have been packing for myself and the girls, but I found the pool a much better way to procrastinate.
Whew, so that's a bit of life lately for us!
I'll hopefully be back next week so I can catch y'all up on all things Salt Lake!

















Busy family life and very busy traveling summer for you and your family!! Enjoy it all!!!
ReplyDelete