Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!!! 

This was our first week of summer with all three girls home (last week, Gretchen was at her Gee's) and it was a doozy! I said earlier that two kids home last week was much easier than having all three of them, and the week proved that point- ha! 

We had some fun sister moments, and some moments, where I sent all of the girls to separate rooms! And, I'm not quite sure how, but this week was busy! 
I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci for Friday Favorites.... and I kind of have a random little mess of favorites for you today! 
I started reading OOLA for Women and it's already a favorite! It's a much quicker read that I had anticipated, and I was able to get 80 pages in with my first sitting. It encourages you to live an "OOLA" life with focus on 7 key areas: Faith, Fitness, Finance, Family, Fun, Field, and Friends. I'd really encourage every woman to grab this book and read it for some inspiration! Especially if you're finding that your life isn't as balanced as you'd like for it to be. 
We only had these two girls with us at church on Sunday, and of course, they wanted a photo with John Wesley. 

After church we met my cousin, her son, my mom, and Gretchen for lunch.... My cousin's son is attending TU in the fall, and he'll be working with DJ and the football team! We are so excited to have him here, and he came up this week to work a high school football camp. Anyway, they brought him up, and since Gretchen was at my mom's it was perfect timing to bring her home. 
I took the girls to our local library on Monday, so we could sign them up for the Summer Reading Program! The program only encourages them to read 20 books over the summer and visit the library 4 times, and Megan is already 14 books in! She grabbed everything she could get her hands on that first day and read it all! I'm so proud of how far she's come with reading this year! Anything that encourages the girls to read is my favorite! 
My favorite moisturizing cream........ Sandalwood from Young Living. I've shared about this cream before and my other favorite beauty products from Young Living. But y'all, I've had this jar since January, and I'm thinking i'll be able to stretch it through July! 
We spent our afternoon at the pool on Tuesday! 
And on Wednesday, I took the girls to La Madeleine's for lunch! Their crepes are our favorite! 
And then I declared Tuesday night a girls night since DJ was at football! We snuggled on the coach and watched Moana! 
Easy lunches are a favorite! I love when I have an abundance of fresh fruit and veggies. I fixed three lunches in about three minutes!

A Summer downfall- feeding three kids 100 times a day. 
#theyrealwayshungry
The girls and I made Ningxia Popsicles this week! 
I shared our how to on my Instagram feed! They were easy to make and yummy too! 
After our pool time on Wednesday, I had a little spa night at home. I felt so refreshed and rejuvenated afterwards! And followed it up with a little pedicure..... just apply Rose Ointment on your heels, cover with socks, and you'll have the softest feet! And psst... it's great on your lips too! 
And Thursday, we ran errands most of the day! I made it to the gym and completed 3.5 miles on the elliptical- and y'all, that time may not be impressive to some of you, but it is to me!!! Running is not my favorite, but I'm determined to squeeze in at least 3 miles one day a week, and then 1-2 miles during my regular work out days. If you're interested in my workout routine, you can check out a little bit about it here. 

That's it for Friday Favorites!!!!

I'll be back a little next week before taking a blogging vacation while I'm in Salt Lake City!!!

And, if you have Salt Lake City tips for me, leave them in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. That is a much quicker read than I anticipated as well. Good thing too because after all these bootcamp classes and videos, I have a book list a mile long!

    ReplyDelete