A few days before my birthday, DJ and I were running an errand, and I started thinking about how we needed to have more fun in our life. This year, I've really been focusing on myself and making myself a priority. Pouring in to my cup, so I may pour in to others. I also started reading OOLA for Women, which helps find balance in an unbalanced world.
OOLA comes from the word "oolalala" and focuses on 7 key areas of life, and making sure they're balanced. Faith, Family, Fitness, Field, Finance, Friends, and Fun. After reflecting on my own life, I'm learning where I'm balanced, and where I'm needing to find more balance.
Anyway, this reflection led me to the idea of having more fun in my 35th year..... enter in 35 in 35.
35 FUN things I want to do and experience in my 35th year.
A few weeks ago, I sat down to make a list, and figured out that I would need to complete at least two items on my list a month, in order to accomplish everything in the next 52 weeks.
Number one on my list was to hike Petit Jean and see the waterfall. So the morning on my birthday, DJ and I got up and went for a hike.
And it was totally worth it!
So, here's the rest of my list, and what I've completed thus far.....
2. Go to Pawhuska, OK, where the Pioneer Woman's mercantile is.
3. Climb Pinnacle Mountain with Gretchen.
4. Indoor Skydiving (I'm not brave enough to do it from a real airplane!)
5. Pay off a Credit Card. (we have one card that still needs to be paid off, and we're working our way toward doing just that, and being debt free from credit cards by the end of the year!)
6. Reach 1,000 followers on Instagram.
7. Achieve the rank of Gold with Young Living.
8. Hire a house cleaner.
9. Take a trip with DJ that isn't football related.
10. Try a new restaurant.
11. Loose 10 pounds.
12. Run a 5k in less than 40 minutes.
13. Run 1 mile without stopping.
14. Get a facial.
15. Get a massage.
16. Cut out sugar. (Maybe.)
17. Take a girls trip.
18. Have a girls night.
19. Make a new friend.
20. Write a will.
21. Save an extra $3,000.00 (I totally just picked a random number!)
22. Volunteer at Second Saturday.
23. Leave a surprise gift for someone.
25. Begin a Bible Study.
26. Go to a Football game without kids.
27. See a waterfall in Oklahoma.
28. Take a trip to Oklahoma City.
29. Shop at Whole Foods.
30. Go camping.
31. Buy a new piece of furniture or rug.
32. Have a no phone day.
33. Go to a concert.
34. Watch a play.
35. Play golf with DJ.
So many of these are just random, but I tried to find ideas that would fit in to each of the 7 F's, and be fun to complete for myself or with my family. So far, I've completed two of the 35. Technically, I had a girls trip last weekend, but it was with my family.... I want my girls trip to be with some friends ;)
I'll be sharing updates on the blog throughout this year and on Instagram. You can follow along by searching #35in35
What have you done to make your birthdays a little more exciting?




Great list! I should have done this when I turned 40 this year!
ReplyDeleteSuch a good idea... I am approaching 39 in 10 days.. I think it is time to do 40 before 40.. thank you for the inspiration! Good luck on your list!
ReplyDeleteLove it.
ReplyDeleteI love this list!!
ReplyDelete