Thursday, June 21, 2018

Freedom: YL Convention

Day 2 of convention started bright and early. We were getting ready in our hotel room, when I got a text inviting myself and a guest over to the Vivint arena to the box suites to enjoy the general session that day. 

Young Living had SO many people register for convention, that they had to split the general session in to two locations. They did it so well though, that you wouldn't have even known! Our group was registered to be at the Salt Palace, and we had a smaller stage and screens, and then there was the main stage at Vivent with screens as well. They basically had half of the session information at Vivent and half at Salt Palace. 
Anyway, once we confirmed that we'd be heading to Vivent that day, we booked it over to the arena.
We made it to the suite and the stage and everything in person was so fun!
Plus, we had all the energy boosting, Zyng we could want! Which, was so needed because I was still exhausted!
We listened to Eric Worre, and then Jill and I snapped a picture with Madison at the end of the session. She was so sweet to ask us over. 

After the session, Jill and I waited to pick up our orders. We ended up eating a late lunch in the halls, before some of our classes. 
After class, I made my way over to the expo again, to try out a few oils that I haven't been able to try before. 

Blue Tansy was released a few months ago, and it's wonderful for skin, but it also turns your skin blue! I put a drop on my wrist, and sure enough.... it was blue where I had put the oil. 
I mean, look at how dark this oil is! 
I also checked out the Freedom oil blend that was released specifically for convention. 
And Kunzea, our newest essential oil. 
There was a fun little scavenger hunt in the event app, so we played along getting photos for the challenge.

This is my mannequin pose.
And, we had to get a photo with an international member. She's from Australia and was kind enough to volunteer. :) 
That night, we headed to a local hotel bar to meet some upline members and had the best time!

We ate a super late dinner and had the best time. I just love being with like minded people, who I can laugh with and just enjoy life. We have lots and lots of fun stories and memories from our dinner! 
Saturday morning was our last general session. We heard more from Mary Young and her sons. 
And listened to Mel Robbins speak. She was amazing!!! You guys have got to read her book, 5 Second Rule, especially if you are having a hard time finding motivation to get started with your dreams.
I took notes and drank some Ningxia. 
We then learned more about the Young Living foundation, and guys 100% of the proceeds go directly to support several organizations around the world.

One group, is working to rescue children from sex trafficking in Cambodia, and the foundation set a goal to raise one million dollars, and guys, they raised over that!!! How awesome is that?!

After the general session, I had a class, and then I went to Blue Lemon for lunch. 
I ordered the BLT with turkey, a salad, and.... 
their hummus, which is so good. 
I went back over to the expo because I hadn't scheduled any afternoon classes, and was able to try the Einkorn cereal that was released. And, I wasn't sure that I'd like it, but now I'm wishing I had ordered some! It's so good and would be a fun trail mix for the kids! 

I finished my afternoon with a massage at the YL spa- which was seriously the best way to end the week, because my back, feet, and legs were killing me from all the walking. 
After my spa, I headed back toward the hotel, but stopped first to take in some views. 
I also enjoyed a Ningxia Slushie. 

We spent a few hours relaxing in our hotel before heading across the street for a burger. 
And as we walked back to the hotel, we stopped at the cross walk, and saw these flags and a sign, that encouraged us to look both ways, grab a flag, and wave it as we crossed the street. 
So, we did! Ha! 
DJ texted me his view of the fire pit, and I texted him my views of the mountains and city. 

And then my view of the hotel bed, that I would soon be crashing in to. 
Sunday morning, I was up at 3:45 to catch my 6:30 flight, and I'm glad I went to the airport early, because the lines were insane. Thankfully, I made it through security with time to spare, and made it home in time for a long nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment