Happy Friday!! I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci and sharing my Friday Favorites, which, just so happens to be a few of my favorite grocery store finds.
When we lived in Oklahoma, I was a huge Sprouts shopper. I also loved our local grocery store, Reasors, and did some quick shopping at Target.
Now that we're Texans, I had to go to HEB. Everyone that I've known that has lived in Texas has raved about HEB, so I had high expectations.
Sunday morning, DJ stayed home with the girls so I could get to HEB and stock up on all the groceries. Let me tell you, moving and figuring out your way around a new grocery store is not fun, and it's even worse when your kids are with you. I parked on the wrong side of the store (I like to start in the produce, and I walked in near the pharmacy), but quickly made my way around the perimeter of the store. I try really hard to stick to the perimeter and get the bulk of our foods there, and then finish on the inner aisles. That way, if my grocery cart is full of fresh foods, i'm less likely to buy a ton of processed/boxed foods.
I posted on Facebook, but I may not be a huge fan of HEB. I know, I'm going to make my Texas friends mad! Ha!
But, we try to buy organic, non GMO, and there's a tiny blue label that I try to look out for when I buy products, and the HEB organic brand doesn't have the blue label, and they didn't have a ton of the brands that I've grown to love and trust. Anyway, I'm sure i'll go back, because it's close to the house, and I prefer to not buy meat at Target.
We also have an Aldi close by, but I've never shopped there even though I've told myself I'd try, and we have a Costco, which we plan on getting a membership to.
Anyway, here are a few of my favorite grocery store finds and buys.
I've heard a ton about Kodiak Cakes lately, so when I found these little muffin containers at HEB, I picked up a few. You can add milk or water, microwave for a minute, and then you have a yummy little muffin. Pair with a hard boiled egg, or some fruit, and you've got a quick easy breakfast.
I also picked up the frozen Kodiak Cake waffles, and a few of their little chocolate cake mixes for an evening snack :)
Sir Kensington's Ketchup. They also have mustard and mayo. I found this at our Target, and felt really good about it. See that little blue non GMO seal? That's what I try to look out for when buying groceries.
Lots of companies, slap the word "natural" or "organic" on their products, when they're not natural or organic at all, but companies have to work a lot harder to earn that non GMO blue seal.
I picked up cotton candy grapes at HEB.
The girls didn't believe they existed, and I've honestly never bought them, because surely there genetically modified in some way. But, we're all about balance here, so I grabbed a package and the girls love them.
These cookies came from Target, and I picked them up because the girls have to have a snack each day at school, so I thought these would be quick and good for Adalyn.
I also bought the blueberry cookies and apple cookies.
Siggis yogurt is for me :) I love eating this with a few dark chocolate chips, chia seeds, and diced strawberries. It's the perfect afternoon snack and totally satisfies my sweet tooth.
Siggis also has yogurt tubes, and I'll pick those up for the girls.
I was excited to find Hapi Water at HEB. Sprouts doesn't carry it, but Reasors, our grocery store in Oklahoma did. It's just flavored water, and I love sending it to school with the girls rather than juice.
I buy this probiotic water for me. I use probiotics from Young Living, but I figured I could sneak in some more. Target has this water, as does HEB and Sprouts. There are a ton of different flavors, and I actually like mixing some of this with regular water. I'm not a huge juice/flavored water drinker, so I dilute it with regular water.
Snyder's is a brand I love because of that Non GMO seal. Megan and Adalyn both love pretzels, so I grabbed this huge bag from HEB for quick snacks.
Gretchen prefers popcorn, so I picked up this for her. I've found them at both HEB and Target.
I may have shared these a while back, but these cookies are 100% times better than Thin Mints from girl scouts. And, since you can only get those one month a year, these Fudge Mint cookies will totally satisfy your sweet tooth.
Also, Back to Nature carries an "oreo" that is 1,000% better than real oreos. Pinky swear.
I've found these at Sprouts.
Ezekiel bread is super good if you're looking for a very low processed bread. I love a slice in the morning with an over easy egg and sausage.
The girls prefer Dave's Killer Bread. Thank you HEB for carrying both of these breads :)
Sprouts has them too, if you have a Sprouts!
And, this is the sausage I eat. Super yummy!!!
Thankfully, our local Sprouts carries Applegate, because I couldn't find it at HEB. We also love their chicken nuggets and hot dogs.
And, for a quick easy dinner- pick up some sausage links, chop them up, chop up potatoes, and bell pepper, throw it all in a dish with butter- the more butter the better. We use a Vegan butter..... add Tony's seasonings and bake in the oven. You can also throw this in the crock pot :) My girls eat this right up, and get seconds or thirds!
And, these aren't food, but I love having Apple Cider Vinegar and unscented Epsom salts on hand. We used these this past weekend when Addy had a fever, and gave her a detox bath with them, which helped bring her fever down!
Alright, there are a few of my favorite grocery store brands and finds!
Share a few of yours below!
This post contained affiliate links, thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment