Monday, August 26, 2019

Well, it was a week......

Last week was our first full week of school, and it was a doozy! We were trying our best to nail down our routine, even though I still feel like it's going to change again this week and throw us for a loop. But, because of the craziness, I totally disappeared from the blog. 
Sunday morning, we were up early, and these girls curled up to watch Fuller House together. 

We did make it to church, and then we came home to Netflix and chill for the rest of the day.
These girls made a little fort, and then decided they wanted to watch TV again, so they haphazardly put cushions back on and cuddled up again. 

I'm telling you, we needed the downtown.  
Monday after school called for more cuddles! 

Tuesday and Wednesday were just nuts and I was counting down until Thursday and Friday so I could have two days off without kiddos! 
Thursday, I had a lunch with the other coaches wives. I took the girls to school, squeezed in a workout, and headed to lunch. I was all dressed up....... 
and as soon as I got home, I put on shorts and a tank! 
This girl practiced her splits before heading off to gymnastics. 
And then I got a text message around 5 from DJ that Matthew McConaughey was coming up for practice. I asked him what time practice started and told him that we'd see him up there- ha! 

Sadly, after gymnastics, Gretchen had her meet the teacher night, and we didn't get home until almost 8, and by that time it was all hands on deck trying to get ready for school the next day. The girls needed showers and lunches had to be fixed. 
My cousin came to town earlier last week for a work conference and finished up Friday morning. I picked her up from her hotel and she spent the weekend with us. We headed to football, to show her around, and once we went up to the press box, DJ's student's were setting up cameras in preparation for our first game, and they told us that Matthew himself was in the stands having photos taken. And y'all, we had been on the field 10 minutes before and it took all I had in me to not run right back down and across that field! Ha! 
My cousin also brought the girls game day shirts with her (my mom had made them and sent them down) and we're so happy with them! I can't wait for them to throw one on Saturday as we open the season against Louisiana Tech! 

No comments:

Post a Comment