We've lived in our house for almost 2 years and we have finally painted some walls! DJ and I were sitting around on Sunday morning and trying to figure out what we were going to do for the day. I joked with him that I wanted to paint our laundry room or the downstairs bath, and somehow he agreed! I had been asking for a year, and he finally agreed! I was shocked- ha! Once I had his yes, I ran to Home Depot and picked up a can of paint and some rollers.
Here's our Laundry Room before.
I knew that I wanted a dark paint. I really wanted black, but the thought of it scared me, so I went with navy. We have lots of navy throughout our house, and going that dark in the laundry room didn't scare me.
I taped off the baseboards, and the lower half of the room, and DJ cut in the ceilings and taught me how to cut in at the bottom.
Megan really wanted to help, so we let her roll on the wall that the washer and dryer cover.
It was slowly coming together.
He may have scared me with this one!
Eeep!! Dark walls everywhere!
I purchased a new laundry basket a few months ago from Amazon. It's divided in to two sections and has a liner that is removable, so if it gets nasty, I can wash it. It also has a lid, so it has a clean look.
I found these signs on Pinterest and had my mom recreate them. We had them already hung, but now I feel like they "pop"
I purchased these baskets.
I received magnetic oil holders from Young Living, but you can find similar ones here.
Rather than dryer sheets, which contain carcinogens, we use wool dryer balls with a few drops of essential oils. I typically switch out which oils I'm using, but a few of our favorites are Lavender, Citrus Fresh, or Purification.
We use Boulder Clean laundry detergent. I can sometimes find it at Costco, or I order from Amazon.
For stain removers, we use a goat milk stain bar, but I've also made our own spray using Thieves Household Cleaner, Thieves dish soap, and distilled water.
I changed out the rug, just to bring all of the colors together. We bought this rug years ago from Target and had it by our garage door.
And our finished look!
I'm absolutely obsessed with the dark navy walls. I feel like our laundry room actually looks bigger and it makes me happy to be in there when I'm folding laundry now.









No comments:
Post a Comment