Monday, November 16, 2020

Fredricksburg

DJ was off on Saturday thanks to a bye weekend, so we decided to take the day and drive to Texas Hill Country to see the Fall foliage. And we basically forgot that Texas is Cedar and Cypress trees in hill country and their leaves don't change colors. 

We've been to Fredricksburg just once before but I've been wanting to go back and Saturday was the perfect day for it. Although, the next time I go, we're leaving the kids at home and planning on enjoying the wineries on the way up. 
 We parked and walked by a gorgeous little garden and headed straight for lunch. 
These girls were hungry and ready to eat!
Fredricksburg is a German town so I really wanted to eat at a German restaurant. Auslander's it is! 
I ordered the chickenschnitzel which was so yummy! 
And DJ ordered a sandwich. 
The restaurant had a biergarten feel.. but neither DJ nor I opted for German beer. 
We were all stuffed and all enjoyed our lunch! 

Downtown Fredricksburg is lots of little shops. We walked and explored a few of them.
Their town square was all decked out for their Christmas festivals, and when I found out they had it all decorated, I was excited to see it all! 


I follow an instagram page that shares a lot about Fredricksburg, so I was excited to see this in person. We had talked about leaving the house in the afternoon, to see Fredricksburg at night, but I'm so glad we were able to go during the day to see everything in detail. 

We walked back to our car through the garden and spotted the most gorgeous butterflies. 

It was the perfect little day-trip getaway. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment