We had a busy, fun family filled weekend! But first, let me back up a few days.....
On November 3, Adalyn lost a tooth! She lost one in October, then this one, and has two more that are loose! The tooth fairy is about to be broke! She doesn't like to pull her teeth or let anyone else do it. Basically, it has to fall out on it's own. I was wiping her face after lunch, and bam- it fell out. She was not happy with me!
These two. Oh y'all, if I could describe their friendship and love for each other. It is big. They sleep together every night. Go every where together, and cuddle together in the mornings.
She came in and showed me all of her sight words! She has 3 lists to master and then she gets an ice cream sundae party!!!!
DJ's brother and nephew flew in Friday, so we met them (and DJ) for lunch on Friday. Then we drove them out to the pennybaker bridge here in Austin. It's a great spot to climb up and see the views of the river and even to downtown Austin.
We dropped them back off and DJ took them on a little tour of the stadium.
By kick off- we had even more family in town. The game started at 11, so it was an early morning and a hot day! We managed to see DJ just before the game started.
And again at half time.
Nana and some of her boys.
We let Gretchen bring a friend to the game and it made the game so much more enjoyable for her. They even got to walk around together during the 3rd quarter, so I think it made her feel very "big girl."
Megan and Adalyn played with fellow staff kids throughout the game. It was so hot they were finding any shade they could and I've never been more thankful for only 25% attendance, because this season, we've had room to spread out or find shade.
This game was actually our last home game for the season since the girls and I won't be going to the game Thanksgiving week. We were so happy to have family in town with us for the last game.
When we took Gretchen's friend back to her house, we found out they had pet turtles. Adalyn has been asking for a pet turtle for two years, and I'm way closer to giving in than DJ is. These turtles live in a flower bed in their back yard with some fencing around so they can't climb out. At first, Adalyn wasn't sure about holding it, but Megan was!
Eventually, she held pistachio (the turtle) on her own, watched him eat a cricket, learned how to tell boy turtles apart from girl turtles (boys have red eyes) and watched the turtle crawl around. We learned about their hibernating and what to feed them, and I'm pretty sure they'd be a super easy pet if we had a flower bed built for them.
Saturday night ended with more cousins coming over and pizza night!
All the cousins at our house and missing a few more :(
Sunday was a lazy day. I mean, I did nothing for the entire day and it was pretty fabulous. The girls had a birthday party for a neighbor (Adalyn's best friend) and enjoyed playing at her house for a few hours.
It was a pretty awesome weekend!










No comments:
Post a Comment