Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Camp Megan

Megan turned 10 in May, but we waited until this weekend to have her birthday party! She requested a camping theme, and I first envisioned having our camper at her party- it is in the shop getting some work done before our big trip, we improvised and had our own little camp in the backyard. 
My mom made her "Camp Megan" banner that we hung outside. 
Traditions are important to me- and we always get out the girls birthday hats and their serving set for their birthdays. 
We had bags of S'mores mix for our guests to take home. 
And we had a set up to make S'mores at the party. 
We also had "bug spray" and glow sticks as party favors. 
Gretchen helped out and designed the Bug Spray labels for us. 
And no party is complete without a balloon arch! 
While I had planned for our entire party to be outside, it was really hot, and I knew we needed to have all of the food inside. Megan picked out a green tablecloth, and I found fire cut outs, and leaves to set around. I ordered the cupcakes and my mom made camper, tree, sun, and campfire cutouts for her cupcakes. 

This girl was ready to party! 
Lots of friends! 

We ate dinner- hot dogs, chips, fruit, and potato salad. 
Then Megan opened her birthday presents. She asked for pool toys and art supplies and her friends delivered big time! 
After presents, we had cupcakes! 
She made a wish, blew out her candles, and I sent all the kids outside with their cupcakes. 

Then, it was time for......
a bug spray fight! 
I had really planned for the silly string to go home with the kids, but my plan backfired a bit and it all ended up in our backyard! 
But it was totally worth it! 
After our bug spray fight, we made s'mores. Lots and lots of s'mores! 

It was so fun celebrating Megan and we are so thankful to all of our friends and family that were able to come! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment