Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Life Lately

The first few weeks of Summer have been crazy. We literally have not had a day without something on the calendar and it has super stressed me out. Thankfully, we have fallen in to a routine, and our calendar is slowing down a tiny bit- or maybe I'm just numb to it all now. This week and weekend are looking to be a little slower than our last few and after we get through next week, we'll be on a 2 week camping adventure and we cannot wait! 

But for today.... here's a little bit of life lately! 
Megan is now taking gymnastics 15 hours a week. She goes 3 days a week for 5 hours and not once has she complained about going or how long it is! She loves it and we are excited to see her grow and develop her skills and we are looking forward to her competing this Fall. Her team tank came in and it's super cute and has all the red, white, and blue. 
DJ's aunt was in town last week and took the girls swimming one afternoon while I was at work. They literally were there all afternoon! 

She also took them to the movies! 
Gretchen's youth group is having a blast this Summer! They kicked off their summer series with Paint Wars!!!! Two of Gretchen's friends tagged along and she was so, so excited they were able to come! 

I stayed because who would want to miss kids throwing paint at each other?! At one point, Gretchen had on an all white suit and her team was suppose to protect her, and they basically left her for dead. 
I'd say they had tons of fun! 

Friday afternoon I had a long lunch break, so I stopped by a nutrition shake shop and enjoyed this yummy shake for lunch! I so wish they were closer to my house because I'd probably beat my ice cream addiction and switch over to these for sure. 
On Sunday afternoon, life had finally slowed down a bit that I was able to join the girls at the pool and soak up some sun. I took them a few times in May, and haven't been able to get back. I told DJ that all I wanted on Sunday was a few hours at the pool even though I should've been doing laundry or doing some cleaning. 
That afternoon we took the girls out on the paddleboard, and they all loved it! 
Everyone became more confident and tried standing up- except me! 
When Megan hasn't been at gymnastics, she's been in the sun! 
We let Gretchen go out on her own and she said she absolutely loved it and wants to go every week! We're definitely going to have to invest in 2 more paddleboards! 

Whew! So that's a bit of life lately! Thanks for joining me here today! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment