Our Christmas was wonderful. Our kids typically wake up stupid early on Christmas morning, and somehow, when we told them they couldn't wake up and come downstairs until 7:30, they believed us, and they slept until about 7. I think last year they were awake at 2 and 4 and we had to tell them to get back to bed, and we were up around 5 or something crazy early opening presents. I was so thankful for a little bit of sleep on Christmas morning.
The girls came downstairs and Megan found the pickle ornament so she was able to open the first present.
Then Gretchen and Adalyn had their turns.
Adalyn asked for a stuffed Buccee toy and I told her she should ask Santa for one. She promptly told me that Santa does not shop at Buccees. Oh, but he does.
Megan also asked for a stuffed Bevo at every single football game, so Santa brought her a super soft one.
Adalyn got new bedding for her room. We plan to paint it in the next few weeks and get her room all set up for her, and maybe she'll finally sleep in it again. She's been sleeping with Megan ever since March 2020.
Adalyn got a Barbie helicopter from her grandparents.
Megan's big gift was an air track. She immediately started jumping on it!
One of the sweetest presents I received was this hand embroidered picture from Gretchen. When I worked in the schools in Indiana, I had a patient who had hand drawn the scene, and he was working on cross stitching it. Sadly, he passed away before he could finish it, and the classroom teacher let me have the project. It sat unfinished, and I asked Gretchen a few months ago to finish it for me, and she did! I was totally surprised and I love it so much!
Gretchen's big gift was a Cricut Joy. She went to work figuring it out and put her name on her machine.
We opened the stockings and the girls played with their presents. WE stayed home, didn't have a big meal, and just spent the day together.
On Sunday, we headed to Arkansas. We stopped at Buccee's and Santa Buccee was there! Only two of the girls were excited to have their picture with him!
We made it to Gee's house in record time. The traffic was light and we only had a few stops and made it an hour before we thought we would. We had dinner, and the girls exchanged presents with Amelia, Gee and Papaw.
Gee and her girls. We were so thankful to be with them the day after Christmas, even if it was just for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment