I was just going to wrap up our weekend, and then realized that it has been a sweet forever since I blogged, so changing plans and sharing a little life lately :)
The girls had Valentine's party's this year! Yay! I ordered Adalyn the sweetest little heart dress, and I can't remember where it's from, but it's big enough that she can wear next year too. She's so hard to buy for right now because 8's can be too short, but also too big in the waist, and 10's can be too long still. She's tall and skinny.
One day, Megan and Adalyn made their own Valentine boxes. They used Megan's left over Kiwi Krate boxes, painted and decorated them, and I didn't have to lift a finger, and it was magical.
Plus, Adalyn came home with a ton of candy, so she was happy.
Megan glued 4 boxes on top of each other so her box would be the biggest. It's her last year for class parties, and that makes me just a little sad.
I checked the mail one afternoon, and we had an envelope from the White House. I was super confused, and thought maybe it was a thank you for participating in the state park program when Megan was in the 4th grade. It turns out, that one day last year, she wrote a letter to Biden, looked up the White House address, and mailed it herself. They sent a letter back to her and an autographed photo.
DJ and I hosted 8 girls for our church's DNOW event, and while the big girls were out of the house, we took the little girls to Urban Air. It was cold and rainy, and we just wanted out of the house. It was crazy crowded, but the girls had a blast.
Two happy girls.
Two beat parents.
The DNOW weekend involved me getting girls checked in and luggage to our house Friday night. 8 girls from youth group spent the night along with 2 college leaders. We woke up Saturday morning and cooked them breakfast, and then they went off to church for Bible studies and activities. Saturday night we cooked them dinner, and they went back to church before coming home around 10. Over the night, two of the girls ended up with a tummy bug, which was disasterous. In all, we survived the weekend, but it was crazy.
That Sunday afternoon, Megan and I went off to a birthday party, and DJ and Adalyn went to the Texas baseball game.
She was able to run the bases after the game and she enjoyed some much wanted 1:1 time with her dad.
Adalyn started soccer this past week. She had her first practice last Monday, and afterwards we took her to P. Terry's for dinner. She realized she could order bacon on her burger and she was in heaven.
We also took Ballet Baby for a bike ride around the block.
And played her first 2 soccer games over the weekend.
After her soccer game Saturday, she had a friend spend the night. (Megan did too.) We spent a bit at the park, ordered pizza.... DJ and I worked on packing the camper for our upcoming Spring Break trip...
and took 4 girls (plus Gretchen) to church on Sunday morning.
Then it was back to the soccer fields for another game; a grocery store run, and a birthday party.
This week is set to be another fun one, and then we're off on Spring Break and I can not wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment