Thanks ladies for driving such a long distance to help me and spend time with us. I couldn't have done it without you! You are both truely remarkable.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
I can't live without my mom and grandma!
The title is so appropriate for this post. Seriously, I cannot live without my mom and grandma, which is very ironic considering we live 12 hours away. But, they're my rock, my best friends, and my creative forces. They came this weekend, for a very short visit, but we got so much accomplished. Without them, my house would not be what it is, my daughter wouldn't have clothes, and I wouldn't have anything to write about! Unfortunately, we did not get to take many pictures this weekend, as we were so busy decorating and shopping! But, I did get a few.
The picture above was taken Thursday night, Gretchen was trying on as many of her new clothes as she could! She is holding up her new pillowcase dress and jacket, and sporting her matching hat! Thanks Gran for all of her clothes!
This picture was taken today before Gran and great-grandma left, before the tears. Gretchen hasn't seen them since July, but she warmed up immediately. She was able to stay at home from daycare on Friday and spend the whole day with her gran and great-grandma. I don't think Gretchen was spoiled too much this weekend, and they finally got to experience what we've been going through lately (i.e.: Gretchen screaming). I know my mom is so proud of Gretchen, and sad since she doesn't get to spend a lot of time with her. But, they love to talk on the phone! I love this picture; my mom looks so happy!
Gretchen and her great-grandma.... I love pictures like these, knowing that my grandmother won't be here forever, I try to cherish the moments that she is around. I wish that I could describe my grandma, and it make sense; she's a wonderful woman.
Labels:
Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment